difference between all the optimas?

billabongcr
5,000+ posts

Yep
Florida
Yellow

Red

Blue

now my understanding is yellow is the best for maintaining a constant electrical system as the system is running

red is the best for constant power under starting conditions

blue is marine

in my new truck im goin big horsepower. with my system ill be going back to 2000wrms. i want power all around, best power under starting, while its running, you know all around. dont want any electrical loss...big 3, and an optima. will that be enough to keep the lights from dimming while wrompin on the system and not shittin on my electrical system?

so..whats the difference between between all the optimas? which would be the best for my install and my expectations? im assuming yellow?

get a new alt, red top up front and the yellow for a secondary

the yellow is a deep cell, it takes big hits of power better. And it will start the equaly as well as a red. And im pretty sure the only difference between the yellow and blue are the post types. Blue having dual top posts vs the yellows top and side.

the bigger the better, really the only thing that will make a big difference when power is being pulled
a bigger alt?

ive always been lost when it comes to wiring.

my dakota i have now had the tow package from dodge so it had the upgraded electrical..it was wrong of me to do but it handled my 2000d fine, so i never had to do any upgrades. lights dimmed alittle but it handled it. so electrical is all new to me.

i know about the tutorial for the big 3..that will be my bible.

If your vehicle has a lot of accessories like running lights, high-performance stereo/AV system, winches, or hydraulics, your vehicle demands more from its battery. OPTIMA YellowTOP batteries provide the extra performance and deep cycling capability that your vehicle demands.
OPTIMA YellowTop Benefits

Dual Purpose starting and deep cycling.

Lasts up to 2 times longer than other batteries.

Constant performance quality keeping your battery running at the same level even as it's being discharged.

More power in the initial 1, 3, 5, and 10 seconds of the starting process than comparably rated conventional lead acid batteries.

Ideal for seasonal use, fully charged, it can sit unused for up to 12 months at room temperature (or below) and still start a car.

15 times more resistant to vibration than other batteries.

Nonspillable and can mount in almost any position.
I'd agree with you. Yellow Top seems like the way to go as the Red Top seems to point more towards starter power. Though I do know a few people using Red Tops with good results also.

the yellow top is specifically designed for high/extended drain purposes. I DO NOT reccomend it without a capacitor because it's discharge rate is not friendly to high current subwoofer amplifiers.
Can anyone second this, I bought a Yellowtop D35 but had no intentions of getting a cap, but if I need one.....

My understanding of the red tops under the hood is that the red tops are better for gm vehicles when starting.

and that the yellow tops fry the alternator, I don't remember exactly why though.

but if you can see about getting a better battery than a yellowtop...

maybe a kinetik 1800 up front and if need be a 2400 in the back.

I have been very impressed with the kinetiks...they are powerful little batteries.

My understanding of the red tops under the hood is that the red tops are better for gm vehicles when starting.  

and that the yellow tops fry the alternator, I don't remember exactly why though.

but if you can see about getting a better battery than a yellowtop...

maybe a kinetik 1800 up front and if need be a 2400 in the back.

I have been very impressed with the kinetiks...they are powerful little batteries.
This actually maybe factual, with a my old camaro *tear* the alternator didnt last long after I put the yellow top, about 8 months. Coincidence(sp)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.