Did my stereo blow my feul pump fuse?

Participant count
  • Participant list

unard
10+ year member

florida
My head unit is weird. I dont know much about hooking them up. When i have my amp and sub wired(sub woofer rca), i have a little ground noise. I'm cool with that, but when i hook my other amp for the mids and highs to the rca's(front and rear) from the head unit, i get a lot of noise. I cant stand it. I trired to see if it was the head unit. When it is hook up in the truck, it wont come on with the antena plug thingy out. So, I took it out and hooked the power and ground to the battery. It came on with no antena.....blah blah....after trying a lot of stuff, it was time for me to go and my truck wouldn't start. The feul pump wouldn't come on. someone told me that i could have blown a fuse under the hood. All this matters because my truck is out of town, no way to get someone to fix it, no way to get it to my house, and i would like some help with my problem...sorry if i am not clear enough.

you could have blown a fuse... but the engine noise from your mids and highs is because you have your rca's ran next to your power wire... put your rca's & speaker wire on the opposite side of your car from your power wire and that will get rid of your engine noise... but gettin the car 2 work... well... i'm not a mechanic :-D

You wont get Noise because your RCA cables are ran next to your power wire....( it is DC not AC) it is probbably because of a bad ground or different grounding spots..

You wont get Noise because your RCA cables are ran next to your power wire....( it is DC not AC) it is probbably because of a bad ground or different grounding spots..
a bad ground can cause that as well. but it is a rare incident. usually you just wont have a complete circuit and the amp will shut off or not turn on at all. the most common cause of engine noise is in fact your rca's being ran next to your power cables.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.