Did I nearly kill the spider?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vortec

Hello everyone.

I have a few questions regarding a crackling noise I was experiencing from one of my four Pioneer TS-A1671R speakers. Note that I have no extra power going to these. It's all straight from my Pioneer DEH-1700 stereo. Anyway I was playing a song yesterday with some pretty intense bass when my front, right speaker started making the dreaded crackling noise. I thought I had blown something obviously but I checked it this morning and simply put some pressure on the cone with my fingers while the bass was hitting and the noise went away...even after I removed my hand from the cone. The only thing I can think of is that the spider got popped out in an odd position and when I was applying pressure while the bass hit, it somehow popped back in place? Does this sound like the most logical explanation? I put the stereo and all four speakers in at the same time a few (about three) years ago and I haven't really played too much bass on them up until the last half year or little longer. Judging from both the stereo's and speaker's specs, I don't see how it could throw enough juice to them to do that. I even had the music faded two level to the rear speakers instead of the front...so you would think one of them one have done it before either of the front ones. Surely these speakers have a lot more life left in them or should I take it easy on the bass from now on?

A couple other notes: I had the volume on level 16 or 17 with BTB (bass and treble booster) on at the time.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.