Did i have too high of expectations?

moser64
10+ year member

wi
Okay i had 2 P2s in a prefab box powered by a kicker zx750.1. It was only running at 4 ohms so i was getting like 375 watts and i thought it was pretty loud but it really didn't hit low notes at all because i would guess the prefab ported box was tuned pretty high. So i get on this forum and see people talking about re se12's being real good subs for the low lows which is the kind of sound i like. i figured the sub would be perfect for my amp. so i bought it, a new pioneer head unit, upgraded to better wire, built my first ported box for it (2 ft tuned to 32 hertz). its a nice sub and gets real loud on the higher notes like the song a millie but it only hits the low notes marginally better than my old set up. Like the first 2 notes on put on sound real good, the third note kinda hits, and the fourth note is non-existent. What could i have done wrong or was i just expecting too much from the new setup? I really thought getting all 959 watts my amp is rated for woulda made a huge difference...

Thanks.

well for one that has nothing to do with it. sht ive beaten 2 15"s, 2 12"s, 3 tens, and a single eighteen. with my single 12" that peaks at 41 hz. a single 12 can get loud. its all in the install. instead of saying stupid reasons why he disappointed give him hope that he can make it louder. its all in the box.

well for one that has nothing to do with it. sht ive beaten 2 15"s, 2 12"s, 3 tens, and a single eighteen. with my single 12" that peaks at 41 hz. a single 12 can get loud. its all in the install. instead of saying stupid reasons why he disappointed give him hope that he can make it louder. its all in the box.
Whoa. You're an idiot.

But then again, if I drove a barely audible purple cavalier I'd probably be pissed off too.

his question wasn't about loudness, it was about hitting the lows. Hard to hit the lows with not too much surface area.

total external dimensions.

30" wide

13.5 height

16 deep

slot L port using side of box as wall

2.5" wide

12" tall

port length 35"

2.16 cubic feet of airspace not counting port or sub displacement.

iv got it up firing and ported towards the back of my car trunk. I really felt like i did a good job on the box for it being my first one ever. 3/4 in mdf and double baffled.

total external dimensions.30" wide

13.5 height

16 deep

slot L port using side of box as wall

2.5" wide

12" tall

port length 35"

2.16 cubic feet of airspace not counting port or sub displacement.

iv got it up firing and ported towards the back of my car trunk. I really felt like i did a good job on the box for it being my first one ever. 3/4 in mdf and double baffled.
not sure why the "duh!" light didnt pop up in my head, but when starting to model it i find that there is no way your port could be 12" in height when your double baffleing the box (on top) and having a piece of wood on the bottom if the box total exterior height is 13.5". that means your port is actually 11.25" high. please correct me if im wrong.

so far one mistake. lol

so after modeling it i got a total of 1.83 cuft and with 11.25 x 2.5" x 35" port you are indeed tuned to 32 hz. so idk what the deal is. like stated above try out the subsonic. but a small box on little power wil not yeild you good things, i would rebuild, using around 35-40 sq of port at 2.25-2.5 cubes and also put the sub and port on the same face, facing the trunk, this wil help as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.