did big 3 but didnt fix problem

gonna pull the system out and check all connections to be sure but dont think this is gonna be the problem. gonna double check grounds and cap wiring
^^^ This. Sounds like you have a wiring issue. BTW that 2400 is the same as that deka so you did not upgrade you just side stepped.If you feel u need to seperate batts then get a isolater. It want fix your problem but do what ya do. P.S kick that cap in the water.
Just in case you missed that.

I agree with ditching the cap.. Has to be connections or alt with that kind've power IMO

I'm running a 2500rms memphis amp and a 4chan memphis amp on stock battery/alt with big 3 done and on full tilt it never drops below 12v

Still a little low for me though I'm gonna up battery and alt eventually

Granted I'll say the stock interceptor battery/at is pretty big but not as big as yours, I think my alt is 140a

looks like its the alternator after all. something to do with the voltage regulator inside it. Thats its not responding to the drop and demand for power. the tech says its common with these rebuilt beefed up alternators. gonna get it rebuilt , cheapest way to fix it. Everything else looks fine though all other wires are ok. its hodling a t 14.5 without a load but under load the alternator is f**Ed up and wont respond in time thats why it kicks off the subs and amps and everything else.

looks like its the alternator after all. something to do with the voltage regulator inside it. Thats its not responding to the drop and demand for power. the tech says its common with these rebuilt beefed up alternators. gonna get it rebuilt , cheapest way to fix it. Everything else looks fine though all other wires are ok. its hodling a t 14.5 without a load but under load the alternator is f**Ed up and wont respond in time thats why it kicks off the subs and amps and everything else.
What brand alt is it? Honestly it might be more worth your money to look into a DC Power or mechman alt, you could rebuild it and it could just start going out again, a lot of alts just arent meant to take extended loads

What brand alt is it? Honestly it might be more worth your money to look into a DC Power or mechman alt, you could rebuild it and it could just start going out again, a lot of alts just arent meant to take extended loads

hi-amps alternators, a rebuilt NIPPONDENSO. supposed to output 200 amps .but like i said somethings wrong with it and aint letting the alternator get the signal that batteries need juice

hi-amps alternators, a rebuilt NIPPONDENSO. supposed to output 200 amps .but like i said somethings wrong with it and aint letting the alternator get the signal that batteries need juice
Ya I mean I'm no mechanic or anything, sounds like an offbrand rewind to me, seems if you get it rebuilt/rewound it could just happen again, short of getting a well built one from the get-go

go to excessiveamperage.com and see how much nate will charge you for a 200 or more amp alternator thats where i got my 220 amp and id was fine on 2 aq2200d's @.5 each

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.