did big 3 but didnt fix problem

ctalley44
10+ year member

did the big three and upgraded all wiring from front to back tin 1/0 gauge. and put a 2400 kinetik in trunk instead of the deka. amps still cut off around 9.9vlts whats the problem here? do i need a ground from front battery to rear, i have the rear grounded to chassis with 1/0. I have the power wire for the trunk battery coming directly off the alt fused with a 250amper. the front battery is also tied into the front alternator like it would be stock. I need to find a way to seperate the batteries on alternator because i think they are pulling off eachother.

2- Mtx 9500 12" dvc (wired to 2 ohm each)

2- mtx 81001 amps (1000 wts@ 2ohms each)

1- mtx 7804 amp (200x4)

1- 15 farad stinger cap

1- yellow top optima (under hood)

1- 2400 kinetik battery(trunk mount)

1- 200 amp H/O alt

1/0 wire through whole car

4- 6.5" mids mtx

2-6x9 mtx

2- tweeters and crossovers.

only other thing on my battery is the air ride compressor which pulls 7 amps at full pull but is only on every now and then not while amps are under load.

You are letting your battery drop to 9v wtf do you think is wrong rofl...

^^^ This. Sounds like you have a wiring issue. BTW that 2400 is the same as that deka so you did not upgrade you just side stepped.

If you feel u need to seperate batts then get a isolater. It want fix your problem but do what ya do. P.S kick that cap in the water.

deka was old and and got the kinetik for good price. alternator will power the amps when seperated from front battery. do i need a ground between the batteries or is grounding in the rear suffiecient enough for the rear battery?

I think you are in the right area as I would think you have a grounding issue. I am no expert so I will not speak on things I don't know. But I'd say I am 99% sure its a grounding issue. Not a alt issue as stated above. Crank you car then disconnect all batts if car stays running alt is good.

my friend had the same issue bro.. i think its the battery under the hood that went to **** if not like u said it could be the grounding then just try ground the front battery wit 0 guage up front and leave the back as it is .. hope this helps

already go the front batt grounded with 1/0. rear is also. the batteries are connected only at the alt are they ever touching same wire. 14.5 rear battery at idle under no load and then 12.7 when driving but drops to 10.0-12.5 while subs are on. think i may have too many amps on one battery. anyone know how to find amp draw on the three amps i have under a full load and if this 2400 kinetic can keep up. i mite pull the highs amp off and run seperate to front battery

already go the front batt grounded with 1/0. rear is also. the batteries are connected only at the alt are they ever touching same wire. 14.5 rear battery at idle under no load and then 12.7 n whedriving but drops to 10.0-12.5 while subs are on. think i may have too many amps on one battery. anyone know how to find amp draw on the three amps i have under a full load and if this 2400 kinetic can keep up. i mite pull the highs amp off and run seperate to front battery
Why the hell is your voltage dropping to battery voltage while just driving around without a load? That seems like it would be an alt problem with it not working when at higher RPM's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.