Diamond Audio, Rainbow, or CDT?

Tips
10+ year member

Plano
I'm looking to buy a new pair of comps for my front. I think I'll be supplying about 200x2, my doors will be deadened and sealed, and I'm looking for HIGH SQ at high volumes with a good midbass response. I"m willing to spend up to and no more than 400.

I've narrowed it down to:

Diamond Audio s600s - $200

Rainbow Audio CMX 265 Kick $370

CDT HD-62 $325

Is it worth the 200 dollars extra to get the rainbows or CDTs? I'm also open to any other suggestions. I'm leaning towards the rainbows.

very subjective, I really like the sound of the rainbow products, I feel you get very good value for the sound reproduction at any price point with them

CDT, you can build the set how you want it with mids, xovers and tweeters.

If you get the HD set I'd step up to the M6 woofer if you have a well sealed door.

PM SENT!

I got the CDT ES-07 out of luck (HD 62 with upgraded woofer to an ES07), they are the best components I have ever owned or heard.

Thing is I have not heard to many good components, what I can say is that the store who helped me set them up were extremely impressed with them, they never heard of CDT and thought it was a BOSS type brand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif (they new rainbow pretty well)

Systems I remember were:

Mostly all pioneer speakers and components

Kappa's " Infinity Perfect 6.1 "

Focals (what ever their top line was)

And these were so much better. it blew away the kappas so badly my friend was almost depressed he bought them. (he powering them with a DEH -690 and a Rockford 400.4), it blew it away in clarity, volume, mid-bass and pretty much in every way or form.

The focals were good but the CDT's were very far ahead of them.

Once again I need to let you know that the few systems I have heard focus on insane 3000+watt ungly sounding subs and no SQ at all.

Their idea of loud is cramming 4+ components in a car and jamming it to hell and back.

I remember we went to a gathering and were showing each other out systems, they clearly outdid me in SPL but my (1) component system dominated everyone elses 2-3+ component setups, not to mention mine sounded awesome at the same time.

So CDT Great brand, never compared them to Rainbow though.

Ok. Works, I guess I won't look at the DA's anymore. They seem to be at the lower end of the car audio spectrum, relative to rainbow and cdt at least. I still don't know about the rainbows...

I just sold my Rainbow Profi Van 365's and they were by far the finest speakers I haave ever had the pleasure to listening to. Because of budget issues, I have downgraded, but stayed in the Rainbow brand for now, and a quite happy.

I am sure if you were to go with Morel, DLS, CDT ... or any of the higher quality brands that you will be satisfied as long as your component choice suites your individual choice (Rainbow midbass Kick and Non Kick)

I would put the lower SLC's against the other two options personally and would choose them in that same price range. If you wanted to spend the extra coin, the next step up, Germanium's are a cut above those. I have yet to hear a set of CMX's, wish I had though. I am a huge Rainbow fan. I am on my second set and have installed several of the other lines including the new SLC's and have loved them.

The only thing is, I've heard the Germaniums are more for extremely accurate sq and sound reproduction and are "softer". The cmx kickbass's are more in your face. I prefer the in your face sounding set since I listen almost exclusively to rap. I was looking at the SLCs, but I think the CMX may be a little better.

The only thing is, I've heard the Germaniums are more for extremely accurate sq and sound reproduction and are "softer". The cmx kickbass's are more in your face. I prefer the in your face sounding set since I listen almost exclusively to rap. I was looking at the SLCs, but I think the CMX may be a little better.
Cool. Just making sure you were looking at the right set. I still vote for the Rainbows. I hope you get them from a good dealer. There is one here I wouldn't deal with even if they gave me a better price.

Cool. Just making sure you were looking at the right set. I still vote for the Rainbows. I hope you get them from a good dealer. There is one here I wouldn't deal with even if they gave me a better price.

Well, where would you recommend I purchase them from?

The only place I could find was premier-audio.com

You know any dealer cheaper?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.