Cdt Hd-642 Vs. Hd-62

Participant count
  • Participant list

silenkiller
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
zz
Just curious if anyone has any experience with the CDT HD-642 component series; whether they are that much better than the HD-62 series to justify the price increase? I've never fooled around with a set of 3 way components.

Its looking like I'll be going one or the other here for my next car setup, just can't decide if its worth the cost/effort to step up a notch.

It's 3 way versus 2 way. If you have the time, effort, and capabilities to install a 3 way set, it's always desired over a 2 way set. If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

id say neither and get dls iridium 6.2's or rainbow germs or some hertz components, but that because i didnt like cdt hd 642's i had and their customer service. but i love my hybrid 3 way set in the worth. just need legatia 6's or 8's

just curious....what happened with the customer service? normally CDT is pretty top notch with that.

ummm long story. took forever. to have them go through warrenty once again on some mids in my doors. for the second time. same thing happened as first time except only to 1 mid while the other was fine. And they didnt warrenty me this time when the same problem happened last time. charged me and charged me for shipping. and it took forever, and for mids that dont even have enough midbass to be labeled as the dedicated midbass in the 642 hd set.

but whatever. i was trading them and i wanted out of cdt as a customer.

ive moved on to better things. and not looking back.

AT ALL!!!

it should be noted that the mids in the 642 set (HD-6's) are not labeled as dedicated midbass mids as you state....they're a midrange driver. the drivers that are dedicated midbass drivers are M6's and M6+'s. i'm sorry about the trouble you had, i dont what was wrong with the drivers..sounds like misunderstandings between you and CDT...but just want to clear up the actual premise of the HD-6 though and that it's a midrange driver, not a midbass driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.