diamond audio comps ****??

TypEL
10+ year member

i bought a set of s600s DA hex components...and ive noticed that they aitn that great..i was told that their top of the line kinda stuff like Focal polykevlar level

im running them off a Eclipse 32440 amp...one side per channel

gain is at 50% which khz around 110-120

on my deck bass is at 0 treble is at 0 balance/fader even

my problem is they cant take much power it seems like..and they dont have no midbass u cant even hear bass out of them unless basss is at +7 on the deck

to the power issue.......around volume 23 and up they sound like total crap....basically start farting in a way....ive had 100$ speakers sound better then these

at volume 20 they sound fine...pretty clear but no midbass at all...tweets are nice..but volume 20 doesnt really satify my needs..i tried tuning it for volume 25 no higher

ne who wat did i do wrong with them..if anything..yes they are in stock door locations...other then that i can think of anything..maybe connect + to - like the manual says or sumthin?

thanx ahead

im running them off a Eclipse 32440 amp...one side per channelgain is at 50% which khz around 110-120
What do you mean khz around 110/120? If you have your high pass set to that frequency, then that is causing your problem. Put it down anywhere between 70 and 90 and you should get more midbass....

well i put it between 70-90 mid bass was a little better in my garage wi/o the car started

but they still ****...the distort on volume 22-25 and lack the midbass

maybe not enuff power? 85 rms to each side right now

well i put it between 70-90 mid bass was a little better in my garage wi/o the car started
but they still ****...the distort on volume 22-25 and lack the midbass

maybe not enuff power? 85 rms to each side right now
What u need is an amp for them. Runnin components off a deck doesnt work too well...

they are off a amp.eclipse 32440....right now im using channels 1 and 2....1 to one side 2 to other...80-85 rms each side

think they need more juice?...i can use channel 1&2 for one side and 3&4 for the other...get around 150 rms per side or more

they are off a amp.eclipse 32440....right now im using channels 1 and 2....1 to one side 2 to other...80-85 rms each side
think they need more juice?...i can use channel 1&2 for one side and 3&4 for the other...get around 150 rms per side or more
oooh my bad ii thot the eclipse u were talkin about was a deck. I dont know what ur problem is then....Diamond Hex's are supose to be awesome components. Make sure ur gains arent set u high and make sure the crossovers are set properly as well as the crossover on the amp. dont use the bass boost either. Then mess with ur settings on ur deck, what kinda deck do u have btw that can make a big difference

alpine 7875

gain on the amp is at 50%

on the deck bass is at 0 treble 0...the EQ on the deck doesnt seem to do much..ill play around with it more..but doesnt make a whole of a diff

power shouldn't be an issue, i was running 300 watts to each (way too much power), but no difference from when i run 75 watts. i heard a set of HEX's in an S2000 running off one of those new 2 channel JL e series amps, amp only does 45 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms and the speakers still sounded great with tons of midbass. sound deadening will help, and make sure there isn't a phasing problem, i had that problem with mine once. other than that, i have no idea whats wrong, sorry.

alpine 7875gain on the amp is at 50%

on the deck bass is at 0 treble 0...the EQ on the deck doesnt seem to do much..ill play around with it more..but doesnt make a whole of a diff

try to set the gain correctly again. u should match hte gain to the input of ur hu. diamond r supposed to be very good comps

well 1st off i would like to say that diamonds are no where near crap. Sounds like to me bad install/wiring problems. They dont need any more power than that either. If you installed it yourself thats the problem. Personally, i would take it to a different shop and get them re installed and all your wiring redone. Thats just my opinion. But one things for sure you cant get a much better set of comps than the Hex's. Good luck,

Mike

well imma go through all the wiring as we speak.....just to make sure i didnt do a + to - connection but im sure i didnt make a mistake on both sides if i did make any misatke

the x-overs are simple power tweeter and midwa

sorry to hear you are not impressed with them.

i love mine after 4+ years now.

diamond 600.25 hex's in kicks with 200 a side.

right now they are crossed at 35 from an audio control 2XS. which is a 18db slope from that xover. was running them off the HU xover which was 40 and 6 db slope.

have ran them full range. but they did not care to much for that.

have ran 50 to each side but when i got a dedicated sub amp i bridged the 4 channel amp i had for 200x2.

sounds like a phase issue to me.

Monty

hey how many comps do you have if u have 4 sets then why are u using only 2 channels of an 4 channel amp. I hate when people do that. But some times compents can be very diffcult to work with. You just need to experament with them. and move the tweeter closer to the woofer that will give u better midbass reponse.

-holla at ur boi

hey how many comps do you have if u have 4 sets then why are u using only 2 channels of an 4 channel amp. I hate when people do that. But some times compents can be very diffcult to work with. You just need to experament with them. and move the tweeter closer to the woofer that will give u better midbass reponse.
-holla at ur boi
Moving the tweeter closer to the woofer will not give you better midbass response, it may improve on total imaging of the driver combo but the tweeter has nothing to do with the response of the midbass driver... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.