diamond audi/power?

TypEL
10+ year member

hey guys just got my diamond audio s600s comp set.

first question is how much power (rms) can they handle w/o distortion or blowin up heh

second im using a eclipse 32440 amp..its a 4 channel

im only using 2 channels though...rated at 85x4rms at 4 ohm or 120x4rms at 2 ohm

since my comp set is 4 ohm speakers..i know i can get a 4 ohm load.............but wat if i use all the channels and bridge them..channel 1-2 for 1 side and 3-4 for other side bridging

will that get me a 2 ohm stereo load....and will the diamonds take 120 rms per side?

Originally posted by TypEL hey guys just got my diamond audio s600s comp set.

first question is how much power (rms) can they handle w/o distortion or blowin up heh

second im using a eclipse 32440 amp..its a 4 channel

im only using 2 channels though...rated at 85x4rms at 4 ohm or 120x4rms at 2 ohm

since my comp set is 4 ohm speakers..i know i can get a 4 ohm load.............but wat if i use all the channels and bridge them..channel 1-2 for 1 side and 3-4 for other side bridging

will that get me a 2 ohm stereo load....and will the diamonds take 120 rms per side?
if i understand correctly....not only will you be bringing it down to 2 ohms...but also bridging, which means 240 to each side.

i have the same set of speakers as you, i'm running 75watts to them and they seem to shine very well. i have a 4 channel amp (75watts x 4 @ 4 ohm) and rear speakers, but i'm getting rid of the rears soon, and when i do, well, i'm gonna have to utilize the 4 channel amp the best way i can, bridge it to the HEX's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i'll be running 300watts a side when i bridge it, i'll let you know how it works out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.