KAMAK
10+ year member

Corvette=Good
michigan
I need 6.5 speakers. I was thinking

1.Polk momo mm6

2.Koda6 component sytem.

3. Or MB Quart.

Who offers the best. I do want two full component sets. 4 speakers in all. I dont care id if they are mixed or matched. Plus i am open to new suggestions.

Originally posted by KAMAK I need 6.5 speakers. I was thinking

1.Polk momo mm6

2.Koda6 component sytem.

3. Or MB Quart.

Who offers the best. I do want two full component sets. 4 speakers in all. I dont care id if they are mixed or matched. Plus i am open to new suggestions.

have u heard of bostons cuz i just got a set and i like them a lot. and mine r the cheapest model and they rock w/ an amp on them

Originally posted by KAMAK I need 6.5 speakers. I was thinking

1.Polk momo mm6

2.Koda6 component sytem.

3. Or MB Quart.

Although I haven't heard any of those sets, I'm gonna recommend you don't spend the extra money for components in the back. It draws too much imaging to the back and you'll be pissed off about it. TRUST me. I don't even have comps in the back. I have 5x7's and I have to keep the gain down because it gets annoying.

What was the reason for doing comps all around? If it's to be nice to the passengers, then you can be nice with some cheap coaxials. They will appreciate it. Many speakers will sound decent.

thats what fade is for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

btw KAMAK, im becoming skeptical on the MOMO's. discus's (MBQUART) and momos both retail at 300, but the momos are 170 at cost, and the MBQuarts are 130 at ikesound. im seriously thinking your paying for a name with momos. go look at the specs sheet.

Originally posted by Natheo thats what fade is for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Ok, then answer me this, big guy: why fade away from speakers that are components, generally much more expensive than regular coaxial speakers? He can do whatever he wants, and so can you. You can buy two pairs of the same components, then waste your money because you end up fading the sound to the front anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

well you see, bigger boy:p , he's gonna do what he wants no matter what anyone else tells him to do. not to mention, i could give a **** less about staging, and i think its strange how they hold competitions on something that is so debateable because its really all preferance and opinion. i know what your saying about staging, and we have an idea about what its gonna be like, but thats what i want to do, and i think its what he wants to do as well so that there is sound all around the interior of the vehicle, not just the front.

EDIT: i plan on rolling back the rear tweeters a little, but i really want the extra sound from extra woofers. coaxials also dont put out mids like coaxials do, and i know this first hand. maybe its cause there is a big hole in the center of the cone most of the time.

alll smiles? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif i get too much **** at work, i want to keep my forum experience pleasent.

Originally posted by Natheo well you see, bigger boy:p , he's gonna do what he wants no matter what anyone else tells him to do. not to mention, i could give a **** less about staging, and i think its strange how they hold competitions on something that is so debateable because its really all preferance and opinion. i know what your saying about staging, and we have an idea about what its gonna be like, but thats what i want to do, and i think its what he wants to do as well so that there is sound all around the interior of the vehicle, not just the front.

EDIT: i plan on rolling back the rear tweeters a little, but i really want the extra sound from extra woofers. coaxials also dont put out mids like coaxials do, and i know this first hand. maybe its cause there is a big hole in the center of the cone most of the time.

alll smiles? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif i get too much **** at work, i want to keep my forum experience pleasent.
no, it's all good, I'm not trying to start anything. All I'm saying is that it's a pretty big waste of money in my opinion to buy components for all-around.

How much are you looking to spend?

The $300 to $400 range the Kodas are in has a lot of players...Focal 165k's, CDT HD's, Cadence Neo's, Crystal Cs, Boston Pro's, JL Audio XR's (these are crap)...

i have a question for you then BonusBobo, not sarcastic. i have a fairly large car (2000 impala), and i was beginning to wonder if the tweets would be as audible in the back as in the front?

Originally posted by Natheo i have a question for you then BonusBobo, not sarcastic. i have a fairly large car (2000 impala), and i was beginning to wonder if the tweets would be as audible in the back as in the front?
What do you mean? If you put the tweeters in the back, would they be as audible as they would be if they were in the front? If that's the question, my answer is probably no. Generally if you look at vehicles that have awesome soundstages, they have the highs coming from the front. There's a lot of opinion involved though, of course. My dad likes to hear the music come from the rear more, for instance, but I don't.

im kinda stuck with the same problem, i have a 85 cutlass, it has 3.5's up front and 4x10's under the rear deck... I bought sum nice CFN-350 Concept 3.5's yesterday but im stilling thinking about what i should do for the rear speakers, 6x9's, 6.5's.... any suggestions would help...

i would say 6.5 because everywere i go that has car audio the 6.5 sound fuller and better. and as far as what to get, just look up in the post at there suggestions.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

April 14, 2003

MB Quart, out of these three, offers the best solution to your questoin. True, they are expensive, but they are worth the money. Not only are they good, but they also offer a huge variety of choices. Their best to offer, is in the Q Series. Though, you should stay away from their woofers. Their woofers do not offer the great sound of bass that you can get from other companies. But their midbass add-ons offer great sound@

But, if you want to go with the best, you should stick with Morel Supremo. But stay away from their woofers!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif brad.farmer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

KAMAK

10+ year member
Corvette=Good
KAMAK
michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date