Audi stock audio

savraam

CarAudio.com Newbie
Cyprus
I have a 2017 Audi Q7 with s**t stock audio.

Based on my research, the car has 10 speakers (two 8" in the front doors, two 6,5" in the rear doors, 6,5" in boot acting as a sub, one 4" center speaker and four tweeters located in front and middle pillars). These are powered through a 195w amp that is built into the infotainment center and therefore not accessible.

I am looking to do a simple DIY upgrade of the four door speakers and maybe add new sub in the boot, changing everything like for like (same sizes)

Considering the amp is fairly underpowered, does it make difference on how many watts RMS the speakers and sub are? for example, if I add a 100W RMS sub in the boot, does this make any difference on the what speakers to add? Also, since the sub would not have any separate bass control through the infotainment system, would it be wiser to stick with something with lower wattage?

thanks. I agree but doing anything else than a speaker upgrade is not a DIY job for me and don't want to go to high on budget by sending this out to a professional.

On all speakers I suggest to stay as close to the original speaker's power level. Also look at the sensitivity of the new speakers. Anything 90 decibels and above is optimal.

cannot find any info online regarding the wattage of the original speakers. in any case, anything to be installed would be better than the original crap

Keep in mind that OEM drivers in systems like yours are often high efficiency (90db or greater) and 1-2 ohms. Just dropping in some better speakers could result In a dramatic loss in volume.

Check out the Audi forums to see how other owners are dealing with audio system.

Keep in mind that OEM drivers in systems like yours are often high efficiency (90db or greater) and 1-2 ohms. Just dropping in some better speakers could result In a dramatic loss in volume.

Check out the Audi forums to see how other owners are dealing with audio system.
Thanks. I have done some research and seems the original speakers are 4ohms.

I have a 2017 Audi Q7 with s**t stock audio.

Based on my research, the car has 10 speakers (two 8" in the front doors, two 6,5" in the rear doors, 6,5" in boot acting as a sub, one 4" center speaker and four tweeters located in front and middle pillars). These are powered through a 195w amp that is built into the infotainment center and therefore not accessible.

I am looking to do a simple DIY upgrade of the four door speakers and maybe add new sub in the boot, changing everything like for like (same sizes)

Considering the amp is fairly underpowered, does it make difference on how many watts RMS the speakers and sub are? for example, if I add a 100W RMS sub in the boot, does this make any difference on the what speakers to add? Also, since the sub would not have any separate bass control through the infotainment system, would it be wiser to stick with something with lower wattage?
I am in the same situation as you. I am thinking I’ll have to get a line out converter. That allows the use of the factory head unit and add in aftermarket speakers and amps.
As for the subs and amps. It depends on the subs you pick out. If you’re going ported or sealed sub box.
You want the subs to get enough power to operate properly. If the subs are rated at 250 rms. I wouldn’t want to try running them at 100 watts rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...