Detailed my car yesterday!

RoYALbLUE08

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 26, 2011
NYC
Sup guys. Never mentioned it before but detailing is one of my favorite hobbies, next to working on car and my audio system

last time i detailed my car was in May of 2012, a little over a year ago. My car had a bunch of swirls and light scratches and water spots and whatnot so I decided to go ahead and fully detail my car today.

Products used/Directions

Washed with Dawn soap - 2 bucket method

Clay barred entire car

washed car again/dried

Megs Microfiber d300 Compound with MF cutting disc

Megs d301 polish with finishing disc

Four Star ultimate paint protection sealant using white foam pad

Chemical guys Blacklight

Blackfire Aluminum compoound with fine grade steel wool for the exhaust polish

stoners window cleaner

Meguiars Ultimate black trim restorer

purple power on wheels then rinsed and cleaned again with soap and water with microfiber towel/dried and sealed with blackfire wet diamond/collinite 845 insulater wax

Ultima tire and trima guard plus used to coat tires and do interior as well

Man! the car is so freakin slick and shiny its unreal, i miss my car being like this as i took a little break from detailing due to school/studying for dental school and work but im back at it again!

anyways

here is some before pictures

(this was completely removed)

r something. Stay tuned!

OP
RoYALbLUE08

RoYALbLUE08

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 26, 2011
NYC

and the AFTERS (sorry guys, I had close ups of all the scratches removed, my wheels cleaned, exhaust, etc but my phone got locked and had to restore it completely and lost everything in my phone but these photos i uploaded to facebook so i downloaded them from there. I will try to get better pictures today

man the shine just keeps coming!

I want to do a photoshoot next week o

basswiigee

CarAudio.com Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
MICHIGAN
thanks man
i really like that deep blue, i been slackin on my ride, all the little rock chips and sh1t just had me so disappointed ain't really wanted to deal with it, probably just gonna get it painted....

OP
RoYALbLUE08

RoYALbLUE08

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 26, 2011
NYC
i really like that deep blue, i been slackin on my ride, all the little rock chips and sh1t just had me so disappointed ain't really wanted to deal with it, probably just gonna get it painted....
yeah my car sits in the driveway and daily driven but i take care of it really well and if something happens i touch it up with my buffing machine/touch up paint. i need to learn how to wet sand im too scared to try it on my car first time

NASTY08IMPALA

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
Beautiful man ..i love detailing my ride ..glad to see others no how to take care of.their ride ...im about to clay bar and 3 stage compound my ride ..as its black and sits outside it takes alot.to upkeep ..

murph

Low for Life
Sep 11, 2011
Richmond,VA
Fvck yea but nothing.looks.better than a clean black car ....nothin a cpl hours cant take care of ..clay bar and a few diff compounds and boom shes back
All I need to do is clay it. I Wet Glossed my car.

murph

Low for Life
Sep 11, 2011
Richmond,VA
Dont make.the mistake.alot.of.ppl make ..thy dawn then clay then dont.get.around to waxing/buffing for a few days every water spot on the car will turn permanent in the sun ..no bueno lol
My coating on the car protects the paint from damage such as that. I do not need to wax my car at all, it shines like the sun from the Wetgloss.

NASTY08IMPALA

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
My coating on the car protects the paint from damage such as that. I do not need to wax my car at all, it shines like the sun from the Wetgloss.
Im saying the dawn pulls all waxes and coatings off bc its strong and if u dont apply wax or wetgloss back after it causes problems ..my buddy clayed his car then it rained that night ..was real sunny the next day and it was a pita to get the spots off

NASTY08IMPALA

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
Sweet. I have a buffer but am scared to touch up and wet Sandas to not leave gobs.

Nice avalon...dont be scared to wetsand and buff just dont get carried away ..use 2500-3k paper foam pad with a cpl compounds and stay away from edges...i kno ppl are scared az fvck to wetsand and buff but after a cpl thousand hours at it u get good lol

quakerroatmeal

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jan 13, 2007
Dallas, TX
Why do you think you need to wetsand? I'd be against wet sanding if you don't have experience. Maybe practice on something you don't care about. People are scared because you can easily damage / sand through the clear coat. Unless you know what you're doing and have a paint gauge..leave the wet sanding to the professionals.

JKDriver

Aug 1, 2013
Destin, Florida
Wow! That looks good! I feel like a slacker now. I "detailed" mine last week. Products used: A pressure washer and some Dawn liquid. Oh, and a step ladder to get on top so I could pressure wash the interior out also....

and to get the fenders back to black...Rustoleum Satin Black spray paint! Came out great..

I guess thats why my wife never lets me touch the Armada or the Quest.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds