DESPERATE help with my amps, please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

anarchy57
10+ year member

Maryland
Amps : Arc 400.4, Arc 1000.2

Problem : HORRIBLE buzzing noise from all 4 speakers

Description : Whenever RCA's are hooked up to the 1000.2, the buzzing noise appears

Attemped fixes :

1) Swapped Power/Ground/Remote wires on both amps, buzzing issue remains.

2) Took the RCA's from the rear channel on the 400.4 and swapped it with the RCA's on the 1000.2. Swapped them both on the HU as well. Still a buzz from all FOUR speakers.

Put everything back to the way it was.

Swapped the RCA's on the front channel on the 400.4 with the RCA's on the 1000.2. Rear channel RCA's on the 400.4 remained hooked to the same spot.

Now there's only a buzz from the REAR speakers.

-Unhooked the RCA's from the rear channel, no more buzzing. Now I assume the RCA's for the rear channel is the heart of my problem.

Put everything back to normal, except this time I left the rear channel RCA's unhooked. Buzzing noise is STILL THERE.

3) Checked connections on the Power wire from the distro block, was loose at first but tightened it back up, solid connection now.

4) Checked grounds, looks fine.

I attached a file of the layouts of my RCA combinations I've tried.

Conclusion : Does my car have some type of wack a$$ voodoo? or is there a simple fix?

car.jpg

EDIT - I tried the 1000.2 in another car, worked fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.