Design Request Mopar or Nothin[Completed]

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was able to achieve a good response with high output for the users listening type, along with some headroom. The enclosure is still pretty compact as requested.

f2e49f3a40164d8f0e5730cee15e52ba.image.750x429.png

Design can be found 4xAB XD6.5s horn - $25.00 : TheBoxHouse, Enclosure designs and dont forget the caraudio coupon!

Thanks again.

The back of the trunk. This will give you the low end gain and better extension. Basically meaning making the enclosure louder and lower. Optimal placement would be a few inches from the back of the trunk but I believe you had a place in mind and experimentation always gives best results.

Well we still wanted th funtion of the truck.If putting the box in the back of the truck is going to have th best results so be it. ? so woofers facing seats at the back of the truck?

No, the box in the back of the trunk, facing the rear of the trunk. So the subs and port are say half a foot or so away from the trunk wall.

This should give optimal performance, though if you need to push it into the front of the trunk up against the seats that will be OK. Once you build it, I suggest trying both locations and see which the user prefers.

We are just about to install the box.The customer prefers to have it all the way to the back agaist the seats.SHET ,is that going to *** everything up as far as sound!Please respone ASAP.Thank you

Haha - No. It was expected. For what the main difference would be, I dont believe the customer will notice with the song samples you gave me.

It would be worth a shot listening to both though!

So how is the response and sound with that horn enclosure? I really want to do one, just to hear it. Those 6.5s are big AF. Haha. How big is the box cube wise?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mopar or Nothin

10+ year member
Mopar or Nothin
Escondido,CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from