Deh-p6900ub

Twista89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago
Hey I had a question about this HU. I just bought it and was going to use it with my ipod but it says it doesnt work with 4g ipods. Well I have a Ipod Photo which i guess is a 4.5g and it has 1.2.1 firmware on it so I was wondering will it work with the new Ipod controller or do I need to buy the old ipod controller. Thanks

I also have the DEH-P6900UB, and use a Sandisk Sansa e260(4 GB) MP3 player with no problem. Heve you tried using your iPod? Also, I'm unable to get the faceplate to open for inserting CD's. I've read the instructions (I find them confusing) and it specifies you only have to press the OPEN (Eject) button underneath the screen to open faceplate automatically. Have you been able to do so, and if so, what am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yeah the eject button is on the bottom right corner and when you press it, the face should open.

I remember seeing in the options, there was an option to turn off "AUTO OPEN" but i dont know what that is, maybe thats your problem?

yeah the eject button is on the bottom right corner and when you press it, the face should open.

I remember seeing in the options, there was an option to turn off "AUTO OPEN" but i dont know what that is, maybe thats your problem?

I believe that is for when you turn the car off. if you dont remove it the face makes a noise and flips down to take it off. I just got one Saturday. Actually it is the Premier 690ub. Same radio, but mine says Premier and comes with the ipod cable. i took back that one to get the 690. saved myself 80- bucks too.

I would say just try the ipod. if it doesnt work, transfer your library to an external usb hard drive and hook it up that way.

Alex Trebek: "Apparently Burt Reynolds has changed his name to Turd Ferguson."

Burt Reynolds: "Yeah, Turd Ferguson, it's a funny name."

... later on ...

*Burt Reynolds buzzes in*

Alex Trebek: "Burt Reynolds?"

Burt Reynolds: "Uh, that's not my name."

Alex Trebek: "Okay, Turd Ferguson?"

Burt Reynolds: "Yeah what do you want?"

Alex Trebek: "You buzzed in."

Burt Reynolds: "No, I didn't."

Alex Trebek: "Yes you did."

Burt Reynolds: "Yeah, well that's your opinion."

Well contacted Pioneer customer support about the issue. The tech sates that once OPEN is pressed, unit should just open. Unfortunately I wasn't in front of unit to try troubleshooting with the tech on phone. He did question if the unit was stolen, (which is not)and maybe it locked up. Now no where in the manual does it state anything regarding the setting of a theft code. Something Pioneer knows that we don't?

Well I uncovered the problem. The factory brackets were too tightly screwed into the sides of the unit, which I guess compressed the motorized faceplate, causing it not to expand fully. All works fine now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Twista89

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Twista89
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date