In-dash DVD player??? Alpine or Clarion???

ShoMe
10+ year member

Renault Clio
Chicago
I'm looking to buy in-dash DVD player. I narrow my options to Alpine iva-d310 and Clarion VRX775VD. Alpine is around $760 and Clarion around $600. I read a lot review about Alpine and couldn't find any about Clarion. I need your opinion. Witch one is better?

Thanks

I'v had alpine decks for about 8years and never had a problem but then again i never had one with a dvd player or a screen on it

IVA-D105:

Video Monitor

* • Illlumination System: Cold Cathode Fluorescent Tube

* • Number of Picture Elements: 280,800 pcs. (1200x2234)

* • Operation System: TFT Active Matrix

* • LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD

* • Screen Size: Motorized 6.5''Screen

IVA-D310:

Video Monitor

* • Number of Picture Elements: 336,960 pcs. (1,440 x 234)

* • Screen Size: Mototrized 7'' Screen

The only difference is the size by 1/2" (which also accounts for the pixel and resolution difference), but are separated by a $400 price tag. I do agree that the one line display is a little odd, but I got used to it. The D105 has a lot more capabilities with add ons tho. I can actually view the address book of my motorola Q and call some one from the screen.

personal preference I guess?

If I buy Alpine I'll buy 310. I read a lot good reviews abut this model. And I heard that this Clarion is really good too and it's $150 cheaper. Don't know which one to buy.

I had a Alpine IVA-d900 which supposed to be one of Alpines top DVD players and I currently have a Clarion VRX575usb which one of there lower end DVD players. And the clarion to me is better, it has a lot more features, granted we are comparing a older alpine to a new clarion, but nonetheless, I like the clarion more. It does alot more for a lot cheaper price. It has a built in USB port, plays DivX media, AAC, plays pretty much any media, the screen is very clear, really easy to use. Crossover isn't that great but neither is the Alpine you are looking at. But if you have an amp with a built in crossover you should be fine. Clarion gets my vote. If you want anymore user info on the VRX575usb hit me up.

IVA-D105:
Video Monitor

* • Number of Picture Elements: 280,800 pcs. (1200x2234)

* • Screen Size: Motorized 6.5''Screen

IVA-D310:

Video Monitor

* • Number of Picture Elements: 336,960 pcs. (1,440 x 234)

* • Screen Size: Mototrized 7'' Screen

The only difference is the size by 1/2" (which also accounts for the pixel and resolution difference), but are separated by a $400 price tag. I do agree that the one line display is a little odd, but I got used to it. The D105 has a lot more capabilities with add ons tho. I can actually view the address book of my motorola Q and call some one from the screen.

personal preference I guess?
oh i fully agree that feature and upgrade wise the d105 can do more but i just cant get over the resolution difference

I don't have V12 amp. So far I bought Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS, Pioneer Premier PRS-D2000T amp and Rockford T2 sub. All I need from HU is good picture and sound quality.

Alpine, but I might also consider a Panasonic:hide: because their DVD HU's come with Dolby Digital processing builtin.

It would depend on what the sceen looks like compared to the Alpines.

Just my .02 - I had 3 Kenwood Excellon level decks since 96. The last one I had for ~5 years and it broke. Sent it in and they fixed it for free

My alpine head (I don't have a number but it was 900-1K) broke quickly, is difficult to maneuver thru the menus and the slider bar *****.

I know you mention Clarion or Alpine - but I'm never messing with Alpine again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ShoMe

10+ year member
Renault Clio
ShoMe
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date