Definitive List of SQ Subs

tbonephile
10+ year member

I have been reading and searching and can't seem to find a definitive lists of SQ subs to listen to. I have a set of A/D/S 346cs running off Audisons. I'm looking for a 10 or 12 inch sub to go with them for SQ by SQ I mean I want to be able to hear a string bass with detail, but I would also like something that also hits when I put in some hiphop. I will be running it off an Audison LRx.1.400 that puts 350 watts into 4 ohms, 650 watts into 2 ohms and is rated at 900 watts at 1 ohm. So 2 or 4 ohm DVC subs are even more attractive.

I currently have a 10W7 in a sealed box and am not happy with the SQ of it as it seems to lack detail and I find it slow. My current short list includes

W6V2's

Polk SR series subs

Focal subs

DLS subs

I'd suggest a IDMax10 Dual 2 ohms so u can push it with 900 watts. It's a very precise sub and can get pretty loud and goes low. But if ur willing to sacrafice some SPL for just Pure SQ look into a IDQ12 or something. So in short terms look into Image Dynamic Products

An IDQ, IMO wont have the spl heds lookinf for when he wants it. As stated and IDmax would be good, also a crystal compx2 would be good.

x2 id recomend an IDQ, a JL W3v3, diamond d3, etc.

or even a dynaudio mw190 -> which is awsome on string bass. very musical, but may not be enough output on rap.. etc.

What kind of sealed box is it in? What dont you like about it? Have you tried different enclosures?

The 10" W7 isnt a terrible SQ woofer by any means

MY W7 is in a custom made MDF Box with 1 1/4 front baffle made to JL Specs. The problem is it doesn't sound good unless I turn up the volume a lot. Another problem may be my car I have an audi and the factory damping in the trunk and backseat of my A4 is very good so it soaks up a lot of the sound. Regardless the main problem is the sub sounds slow on rock music and jazz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.