Deck preout issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

PollyCranopolis
10+ year member

Bees!
My buddy is installing a system, using a Kenwood DPXx302 as a head unit

http://reviews.cnet.com/in-dash-car-stereos/kenwood-dpx302/4507-6729_7-32341197.html

Subs play fine off low deck output. The problem exists with the output from the high output RCAs. He can only get one side at a time to play. Either left front/back speaker of right. It appears that this is on the positive (red channel) from the deck that is playing. He has tested each speaker individually, as well as each channel of the 2 channel high amp and verified it is playing when connected with the positive rca output coming from the deck. He has also switched out rca cables. He has verified fade/balance settings are set correctly on the deck as well. Could this possibly be a defective deck RCA output? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.