Decent sound system for 300$ish

polm
10+ year member

Hi,

First of all, I'm new to this forum and to car audio (so please bear with my stupid questions ). I'd like to build a decent sound system for my car (Toyota Tercel ce 1999) which would include: Head unit, 4x speakers, sub and amp. Here's what I came up with (you are allowed to laugh if its a ridiculous setup ):

Dual CD665

Hifonics HFX12D4

2x Boss CH5530 (Pair)

Lanzar MXA224

Total Ship+tax and duties included: 286.37$ CAN

For the sub box I'd buy one locally because shipping a box from sonic costs like 25$ (to Canada). As for the wiring do you think some home theater wire would work (I have like 100ft lying around...)? Also will this setup sound good?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT*: Oh and btw, I like metal, party rock and techno/hardstyle bassy music. Thx.

EDIT*:

Ok thanks guys. I'm seriously in need for help as of what I need to buy. Please make me a build or something around 500$ that would have all I need. I really really dont know what to look for.Thanks for the fast replies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf??? Dude you need more cash. All the stuff you talked about is junk. Look on here for used and bump your budget up at least 200 more
I get what you say but I need suggestions I'm completely lost as of what I need to buy. Like I said I'm new to car audio so I really don't know what to buy.

Thanks

what are you looking to get with this system? 300 is a little bit for everything that you need
All I want is a decent (and I'm no audiophile) sound system with some good bass for a cheap price. I have money, I just thought 300$ was a reasonable budget for a sound system. I need 4 speakers a head unit an amp and a sub. Are the parts I'm talking about that bad? They have good reviews on sonic.

Thanks again

yeah, to be honest, 300 is usually a low budget for just the sub-stage (subwoofers and subwoofer amplifier) alone. I would try to spair around 100 for a head unit, you can get some door speakers for probably 70 bucks for a full set (4) that would be good enough. looking at closer to 500 for everything together for it to sound like a beginner set-up. if you buy the stuff you posted, you will only be dissappointed in the end with no room to expand on that system at all. you would have to buy all new equipment to upgrade.

300 wont be enough bro...not to knock you or anything but everything u put up is worthless....

if u dont mind putting it together little by little u can get a way better system and check out the classifieds here for killer deals

you can pick up lower budget kenwood/pioneer/alpine head units for close to 100 and they will come with free install stuff i believe. you can get a solid 1000 watts for 100 bucks nowadays and that would leave you with 200 for a nice pair of subs and 100 for wiring kit and door speakers.

Ok thanks guys. I'm seriously in need for help as of what I need to buy. Please make me a build or something around 500$ that would have all I need. I really really dont know what to look for.

Thanks for the fast replies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1 good 8 should be plenty if you dont want to go to extreme, i know you can pick up a reconed sa8 for i think $90....as far as the other stuff i would say they are junk i did want to pick up that amp for my mids/highs tho... like lows10 said your going to need to bump up your budget

you can pick up lower budget kenwood/pioneer/alpine head units for close to 100 and they will come with free install stuff i believe. you can get a solid 1000 watts for 100 bucks nowadays and that would leave you with 200 for a nice pair of subs and 100 for wiring kit and door speakers.
And do I really need 2 subs? Or 1 is enough? How big is the improvement? Do 2 subs make too much bass?

Thanks

And do I really need 2 subs? Or 1 is enough? How big is the improvement? Do 2 subs make too much bass?Thanks
all depends on the box...i had 2 powerbass 12s in a sealed box and i ran a single 8" L7 in a ported box off the same amp and the 8 was louder then both my 12s

all depends on the box...i had 2 powerbass 12s in a sealed box and i ran a single 8" L7 in a ported box off the same amp and the 8 was louder then both my 12s
Does this sound like a good sub to you (for the price): Pioneer Shallow-Mount TS-SW301

Sorry I can't give you a link I don't have permission to post links.

Thanks

EDIT*: And how bout this head unit?: Pioneer DEH-3300UB. Thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.