Debating My Wire Choice?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bettr n' Revrse
5,000+ posts

I do what I want
Ok guy Im stuck on wire choice since Im right in between the two power wise...I am going with Knu wire and will be powering a Hifonics bxi2608d for a DD 2512 at 2ohms so the gain will be left down either off or a little above... I was gunna go with 1/0 gauge but started looking at Knu's kits and the 0/1 gauge only comes with the power, ground, and fuses an is a $100 bucks plus shipping im guessing... so I looked at the 4 gauge kit since it comes with the power, ground, fusues, RCA's (which I was gunna buy for my other amp anyway), and 20 feet of 12 gauge speaker wire (which I will need also) and it is less then half the price of the 1/0 gauge kit with all the extra stuff... So what do you guys think, spend more and and get the 1/0 gauge kit and then buy a seperate set of RCA's and speaker wire on top of that or get the 4 gauge kit with all of it with it for half the price?

your electrical system would appreciate the 1/0. just say'n. dont be a bum and do it right the first time so theres room for upgrades later. i made the same mistake you're about to make

let me check first. i have some better more flexible 1/0 and think I have enough 10 ga speaker wire and maybe rcas as well I could seel you all of it for a better price. let me check

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.