DDZ1A for....................

I think the Z1A is rated at 16V. The 40.1 at 12.0 volt....

Someone should clamp both amps in the same setup, and record the voltages from the batteries during clamping to make sure the results are not skewed....

I wouldn't trade you a D9 for the Z1A unless I had another Z1A ready to strap. I firmly believe D9 > Z1A...
so if he will trade you I say go for it!

BTW: I understand Z1A is rated 5000.... but you have to understand Z1A= IA 40.1 which is rated 3600 x 1 @ 1ohm... same guts. D9 should be more powerful than either.
Do you know if the d9 is more power hungry or which is more efficient/reliable and so forth.

Comparing the two would you say the d9 hands down every category...

So far the D9 to me, looks like an upgrade of the previous design. Probably more power for burps for sure, not sure about long burps, but short burps yes... lots o caps in that amp.... Not sure what else they have changed. I have heard conflicting stories from guys on the inside but I am not at liberty to give their results because finals is not that far away.....

Someone should start a "Clamp Challenge" thread were people get to vote on which amps should be clamped against each other on the same persons setup, but the setup would have to also be accepted by everyone involved as being "right" for the amp in question.... I would eat it up... would stop alot of these rumors going around about stuff. Would have to be some trustworthy individuals though who are able to be unbiased, even if they are a fanboy or sponsored by some company....

I don't care what the website says about the Z1A clamp rating, 5000 watts @ 14.4 might be a reality with that chassis, but everything would have to be right, and no voltage drop.... not often that all those things fall into place....

So far the D9 to me, looks like an upgrade of the previous design. Probably more power for burps for sure, not sure about long burps, but short burps yes... lots o caps in that amp.... Not sure what else they have changed. I have heard conflicting stories from guys on the inside but I am not at liberty to give their results because finals is not that far away.....
Someone should start a "Clamp Challenge" thread were people get to vote on which amps should be clamped against each other on the same persons setup, but the setup would have to also be accepted by everyone involved as being "right" for the amp in question.... I would eat it up... would stop alot of these rumors going around about stuff. Would have to be some trustworthy individuals though who are able to be unbiased, even if they are a fanboy or sponsored by some company....

I don't care what the website says about the Z1A clamp rating, 5000 watts @ 14.4 might be a reality with that chassis, but everything would have to be right, and no voltage drop.... not often that all those things fall into place....

I see....you are a wise man.....beyond my young age.....hahaha Thanks I appreciate the input

I finished the 15" challenge this summer. Between the money and time that goes into it, I dont really see anyone trying another test, that is why no one in the past that did the 8" 10" or 12" challenges had come back to do more either.

I do have some amps I will be benching on my own system just to get some answers and I will send them to you. Test could include a Z2lv, ELT12, D9, and maybe a cactus 5k if I can get some cash so you can repair it lol.

A clamp challenge would be more of a political issue rather than money. Say someone has a DDZ1A and someone has a IA 40.1 already in there setup. You hookup the 2 guys, get them to do drop ins (swap amps) if everyone involved in the poll/challenge agrees that both setups are worthy of getting good results, and then clamp them and record all the data, and use a small portable hand-scope to check for clipping.

I think it's an excellent idea.... Though it would probably piss off a lot of companies that are on here, hey, what can you expect? People buy stuff and compare it, that's the name of the game, and if the political part is done right, the results cannot be rigged....

I've always heard those Z1As were kinda unreliable. Maybe yours has been repaired to take care of the problem component(s). If you're looking for less power why not try a sundown 3000d/3500D, RD D5, AQ 3500D, or maybe a Stetsom 2k6. There's a lot of options in that power level

DC = Zenon. So should be good stuff too.

The DD Z1A is not in the same class as the amplifiers you mentioned above for the person to try. None will touch the output. The SAZ-3500D is the only one you mentioned that has the same size output section as the Z1A. The others are smaller, like the SAZ-3000D was.

I've always heard those Z1As were kinda unreliable. Maybe yours has been repaired to take care of the problem component(s). If you're looking for less power why not try a sundown 3000d/3500D, RD D5, AQ 3500D, or maybe a Stetsom 2k6. There's a lot of options in that power level
Sure your not confusing the Z1 with the Z1a? The Z1A I have actually heard great things about, where as the Z1 has a vibration problem and they break easier.

Sure your not confusing the Z1 with the Z1a? The Z1A I have actually heard great things about, where as the Z1 has a vibration problem and they break easier.
No no.... He might have been confusing the two, but the Z1A is not any less vulnerable (more as a matter of fact) than the Z1. If I remember right, I got the pics last time I worked on a Z1, the FETs are angled. The FETs in the Z1A are straight up and down with clips. The Z1 problems were related to the Power supply drive/control board and the output drive board. All those boards have gone away and have been changed since the Z1. Geez that was a decade ago it seems....

Chris are you sure your thinking of the z1a and not the z1? I have seen z1a's do 4600 off one batt with a starting voltage of less than 14v. The z1 would be more along the lines of what your saying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bhhong

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Bhhong
SD DAYGO CALI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date