Orion 2500d

SPL Blazer
10+ year member

SPL Event Promoter
I just picked up an Orion 2500d amp on here, and since it's a mono amp I was a little surprised to see two sets of speaker terminals on the amp. I'm only planning on wiring up a single sub to the amp, so I don't need both sets. Does anyone happen to know which side your supposed to use on this amp? Most bridgeable two channel amps have it clearly marked as to which channels to use if your going to bridge the channels, but there is nothing on this amp. I'm hoping someone on here that owns one or has owned one can tell me if it's cool to wire the sub to just one side, or not.

I emailed Orion about it a few days ago, but their customer service has always ****** balls, so of course I haven't received any replies from them.

Its been asked on here several times before my friend. The amps mono, aka 1 channel, the extra set of outputs is so if your running alot of subs you dont have to cram all that wire into just one set of + and -. Its paralled inside the amp.

Doesnt matter which side you use, either will be fine.

The terminals are paralleled.... both positives and negetives are the same.... just pick one and hook up to it.... its very common on ALOT of mono amps
Thanks for the replies, I've owned a few different mono amps and have never seen one with dual sets of outputs like this. Multiple sets of 0/1 power and grounds, but not speaker terminals.

It's a design improvement that came about over the years and is a must on larger amplifiers whose output current levels require 8 gauge speaker wire...

Thanks for the replies, I've owned a few different mono amps and have never seen one with dual sets of outputs like this. Multiple sets of 0/1 power and grounds, but not speaker terminals.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif NICE glad you got one, let me know how you like it please!!!

It's a design improvement that came about over the years and is a must on larger amplifiers whose output current levels require 8 gauge speaker wire...
I'm guessing you mean the dual power and ground's, cause dual speaker outputs sounds like old technology to me, but I'm no genius either. I would have preferred seeing a single 0/1 on the 2500d instead of dual 4 ga terminals.

I'm guessing you mean the dual power and ground's, cause dual speaker outputs sounds like old technology to me, but I'm no genius either. I would have preferred seeing a single 0/1 on the 2500d instead of dual 4 ga terminals.
No. I mean the speaker outputs on MANY of todays amplifiers carry so much current that you MUST use 8 gauge speaker wire.... Not on the Orion though, LOL it's not in that power class, I am talking 5kw and up amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.