DDX890HD Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trish

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Kenwood DDX890HD Double Din radio that was installed and it’s stuck on the “Blue Kenwood by Garmin” screen. I reset it, hard reset it, plugged in it just red, black and yellow no change. I did the usb flash drive with updated firmware hoping to correct it. Called Kenwood they were puzzled. Said to NOT send it in because they have never seen it. Sounds weird. Any advice if you have experienced this? I can’t find anything on the internet in direct regards to his actual issue. 
92BA996D-BBB4-4B83-B5C8-B66B61C9C782.jpeg

Kenwood said it probably not the radio and to troubleshoot my car. I drive a BMW 325I. They stated they won’t accept any warranty or receipts since the model shouldn’t be sold anymore due to being sold in 2013 was the only year they made it. Kenwood said I would have to pay to ship it there + 50 diagnostic fee + parts and labor averaging minimum of $350 to start. 

Kenwood said it probably not the radio and to troubleshoot my car. I drive a BMW 325I. They stated they won’t accept any warranty or receipts since the model shouldn’t be sold anymore due to being sold in 2013 was the only year they made it. Kenwood said I would have to pay to ship it there + 50 diagnostic fee + parts and labor averaging minimum of $350 to start. 
put it in your closet and buy a new headunit because you're **** out of luck aside from trying to repair it yourself. 

I'd recommend a somewhat cheap headunit and a 4x8 dsp instead of a single high dollar headunit if you have any aftermarket amps or speakers

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.