DDaudio box design better than others?

How much lower do you think i would get if i went with a 12 instead of a 10?

If you have another speaker suggestion, please feel free to share. I just love the way low notes sound and feel. You have been very helpful so far.

Thanks.

How low are you wanting to reach and with how much authority?

A larger cone will naturally resonate at a lower frequency but you also have to consider volume and port tune, they all work in conjunction with one another.

There are other options out there better suited to playing the lower end of the frequency spectrum. Do you listen to rebassed music? Back to the first sentence of this post- do you have an idea of how low you want to go?

How low are you wanting to reach and with how much authority?

A larger cone will naturally resonate at a lower frequency but you also have to consider volume and port tune, they all work in conjunction with one another.

There are other options out there better suited to playing the lower end of the frequency spectrum. Do you listen to rebassed music? Back to the first sentence of this post- do you have an idea of how low you want to go?

Yea, I like rebassed music.

How low do I want to go? How low can I go? I took some new measurements and I think I can make more space for a bigger box. I measured something like 16" x 31" x 16" max dimensions of open space I could potentially work with. That's more than twice as much as I was talking about before.

With that in mind please talk to me about a 12 or 15 that would go well with that Orion XTR 1500 you mentioned earlier.

Best budget subs prolly the incriminator ia.
Ive used 4 buildhouses and i loved IA. The build quatitly was stellar but the motor i used was abit to weak(no fea to assist me in the build)other than that it was badass. Next is the sundown and dd redline. Earthquakes budget t ok midline stuff iij s impressive as well. T bgg e magmas are 450 a pair and two 12s with 2k will get you mid to high 140s..

Best budget subs prolly the incriminator ia.
Ive used 4 buildhouses and i loved IA. The build quatitly was stellar but the motor i used was abit to weak(no fea to assist me in the build)other than that it was badass. Next is the sundown and dd redline. Earthquakes budget t ok midline stuff iij s impressive as well. T bgg e magmas are 450 a pair and two 12s with 2k will get you mid to high 140s..

Do you think this would be a good setup to pair this IA 12" sub with this Orion 1500w amp?

Dont give business to Skar, the owner is a big time pedo.

The orion xtr 1500 is a great amp and will give you reliable power.

You want to wire to as low of an ohm load as possible (also make sure your electrical system can handle the current draw of the amp)

So, how many amp alternator do you think I will need with this 1500w Orion amp and if I add a 400w Pioneer amp for mids and highs?

At 80% efficiency of amplifiers 105 amps would get it done (1900 watts rms load). Assume your car needs 60% of current alt amperage to run vehicle electronics. Most aftermarket ho’s start at 250 amps which would be plenty. So if you’re factory alt is 100 an ho 250 will allow you 2500 watts comfortably. Important thing to ensure that the ho you go with puts out rated at close to idle

At 80% efficiency of amplifiers 105 amps would get it done (1900 watts rms load). Assume your car needs 60% of current alt amperage to run vehicle electronics. Most aftermarket ho’s start at 250 amps which would be plenty. So if you’re factory alt is 100 an ho 250 will allow you 2500 watts comfortably. Important thing to ensure that the ho you go with puts out rated at close to idle
I appreciate the reply. I had my eye on a Alternator for a different model vehicle that others have said it will bolt up to my car. It's a 135 amp. I was thinking I could save some money and look for that one at a junkyard. as from what I've seen, aftermarket ho alternators are starting at $400.

But from your comment, it sounds like I may be asking for power problems with a 135 amp alternator😓

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.