DDaudio box design better than others?

How low are you wanting to reach and with how much authority?

A larger cone will naturally resonate at a lower frequency but you also have to consider volume and port tune, they all work in conjunction with one another.

There are other options out there better suited to playing the lower end of the frequency spectrum. Do you listen to rebassed music? Back to the first sentence of this post- do you have an idea of how low you want to go?

I guess id say in the mid 20s. With the power I have available, I dont expect to get that loud, but id like to engineer something to play uniquely low.

I was looking at SoundCubed 12s the other day. They claim to be built for hitting low freq. What do you think? Can you recommend a 12 that would be particularly good at hitting low freq. hard with 1500 RMS? This is assuming an optimal box build.

I guess id say in the mid 20s. With the power I have available, I dont expect to get that loud, but id like to engineer something to play uniquely low.

I was looking at SoundCubed 12s the other day. They claim to be built for hitting low freq. What do you think? Can you recommend a 12 that would be particularly good at hitting low freq. hard with 1500 RMS? This is assuming an optimal box build.

Not a fan of Soundqubed subs, they sound muddy and quality is substantially cheaper compared to the name change years ago when they were Audioque.

I think you'd be happy with an American Bass XFL1022 wired down to one ohm with around 1,000 watts rms. The recommended ported box is only 1.25-1.5 cubic feet. AB XFL's are very nice powerful subs, and affordable. $180 bucks.

If you dont have a lot of power available (limited electrical system) then use as much cone area as you can. You need healthy cone area and a motor capable of maintaining linear control so it doesnt sound sloppy.
I have a 200w alternator. Was going to go with the XTR 1500 like you previously mentioned. Ive been looking at the SSA Icon 12". Ive been reading good things about it.

Now Im trying to read up on enclosures. So many options... Kinda overwhelming. Ive seen people say that if you play freq too much lower than what youre tuned, you can kill your sub. So not really sure what to tune at.

Even wondering if possible to design enclosure where the port came up to the rear deck of the car to pump the low bass directly into cabin. So much stuff out there, hard to know what's up sometimes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.