DD Subwoofers?

It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are on a tight budget DD probably isn't the best choice, unless you can find something used for reasonable price.

Ok thanks for the info also what do you think of Skar 12 inch?
You will get a lot of "touchy" feedback on that driver. Mainly do to the owner and what many of the members here feel towards him.

In the end the sub is ok for a budget sub.

Wow, that is very odd to be honest. While I am not a DD supporter for various other reasons (many know why lol), they do very well in most applications. In many cases they do just as well as others or better on the meter. Their durability is typically pretty good as well.
I can see where I would be turned off to a brand if I had never heard/seen one impress me. I guess seeing/reading about them online doesn't count huh lol.

I guess you never get around the guys from TNT from Victoria at shows? They use a lot of DD products down there.
I don't know where the only somewhat loud DD guy was from. We were watching the drags at an SA competition and the guy snuck in and took 1st in mod 3000+. Two 18s on 7k burped at 67hz. That doesn't impress me at all. Needless to say, all the dailys (there is a town fairly close to here that everyone runs DD and they are all quiet) never have done anything.

I'm just one person, but I would recommend a number of subs to the OP before a DD. I am by no means saying they are bad, I've just seen them under perform too many times considering the power used, and the price tag.

Sundown Sa-12 is by far the best bang for your buck in my opinion and I've owned many subs.
If we're talking bang for your buck I would put the obsidian OA-12 over the SA-12. Costs significantly less and gives you some serious performance.

I don't know where the only somewhat loud DD guy was from. We were watching the drags at an SA competition and the guy snuck in and took 1st in mod 3000+. Two 18s on 7k burped at 67hz. That doesn't impress me at all. Needless to say, all the dailys (there is a town fairly close to here that everyone runs DD and they are all quiet) never have done anything.
I'm just one person, but I would recommend a number of subs to the OP before a DD. I am by no means saying they are bad, I've just seen them under perform too many times considering the power used, and the price tag.
That is 100% user install error then. Look up Jeremy Smithers on youtube. Guy is running 4 15" DC Neo's off 4 DC 9k's in a BURP setup and can't even break a 159

That is 100% user install error then. Look up Jeremy Smithers on youtube. Guy is running 4 15" DC Neo's off 4 DC 9k's in a BURP setup and can't even break a 159
Loudest vehicle in the world at one time was Pioneer equipement. That doesn't equate to Pioneer being great products compared to rival companies...

Just because 1 guy is insanely loud doesn't mean the general populous is. When everything else is equal (daily vehicles done by amateurs), I've seen more companies than I can count on one hand that I would pick over DD.

EDIT: I forgot to put that I do, in fact, agree with you that the majority of the issue is operator error. However, in the real world, you can account for operator error to be present. That is why I said my above statement (now bolded).

Loudest vehicle in the world at one time was Pioneer equipement. That doesn't equate to Pioneer being great products compared to rival companies...
Just because 1 guy is insanely loud doesn't mean the general populous is. When everything else is equal (daily vehicles done by amateurs), I've seen more companies than I can count on one hand that I would pick over DD.
If we are going by the general populous then 99% of all products sold never get used it correctly and never achieve anything close to their best performance. Which would net an answer of...nothing is worth purchasing by those standards.

Same could go for the just because 1 guy claims they have never seen them work to what they consider their full potential.

I'm not saying they are the best out there, but I have not seen or heard of them not performing well. If they were doing anything less then what was wanted it was typically installation error in some way or another. AS it is with almost any product that gives a negative result.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.