DD rebuild or Sundown

Item(s) for Sale:

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Hey, Cannot find any input anywhere else. I'm at a loss of decision here. Should I have my DD1510 Rebuilt for $130 (no bass for 2 weeks -.-) or Sundown SA10 rev2 for $200.

I have 600w going to the DD1510, which is now bottoming out because I turned my amp gain/boost up in eagerness for more bass, which kicked me in the *** now. no, I cannot upgrade the amp and my 1.3cuft ported box is my max space available in my standard cab Dakota. right now the box and 1510 are hitting mid-high 130db, ****** slammin. but if the sa10 will hit the lows better and pound harder than the 1510 id rather get the sa10. money is no issue, as I can always make more. I only have 6.5' mounting depth so anything with a bigger magnet then the sa10 will not work for me. I appreciate all input and advice, whether your kind about it or a ****. please educate me.

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Any reason as to why? ive heard the sundown sa10 is like the dd2510, and the sundown has the extra .5'' on the voicecoil. just would like to know why youd say that, please.

Sundown SA for sure... the DD 1510 is more comparable to sundown E model so the SA is a step up for sure. Hands down sundown

Check out car audio bargain for B stock SA 10" for even cheaper price

with only 600w to the sa10, will it do enough? I know subs love a bit more than the rms, and iknow people slam 1000w to the Sa series. small/narrow box I guess the 600w would move it good right? and do you think I will hear a good increase in bass?

really appreciate your help by the way

I would rebuild the did. On the power your running it will be louder do to it's smaller more efficient coil and did is a great brand. I doubt you would notice much difference putting a sa in the same box on the same power. The did gets my vote.

Fvck that. $130 for a 1510 recone:uhoh:..... sundown SA recones are like $60.... get a sundown and if u ever need to recone again it will pay for itself being cheaper

Heres thr problem. Your dd1510 is a 2 inch coil, the sundown is a 2.5 inch coil. Better to just buy a recone kit and do it yourself which is simple as fk or sell the motor and buy a brand new sub. That DD motor wont work with an sa recone because it wont fit and it wont be enough motor force for 200 you can buy a brand new sub.

so leave bass boost on the amp at 0 and just tinker with the gain and frequency? my father tuned it originally and it was golden but I wanted that extra kick and overdove the sub lol, my fault 100%. funny how the sundown is cheaper as well

I would rather pay dd the extra $40 to have them redo it. the kit is like $90 I don't want to **** it up.
Its so simple a monkey can do it. Just look at all the tutorial vids. Also you need to include shipping costs of you shipping to them.

Unless you are doing the recone yourself, You are better off buying a new woofer entirely. Dont even bother with that blown sub anymore. Its not even DD's good line

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.