DD CS6.5's... Did i make a good choice???

darkist240sx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bottom line is i have 2 pairs of PG RSD's but i left them out of state at a buddy's house of which i cant get them for at least a month and a half. So i decided to buy a pair of components that I would more than likely keep more than the RSD's since they are great as budget speakers and have great mid bass and not much else. Anyway I had decided on the DD CS6.5's due to not wanting to run into mounting problems in the WEAK @SS shallow doors of the civic i just acquired.

Problems:

-I'm scared of anything that's SHALLOW MOUNT.

-Scared of the SQ of DD in general (never ran their comps but, it's the gearing of their subs to be spl.

-Could have gotten Hertz hsk 165's

-Could have gotten HAT Imagines

Pros:

-Theres no debating DD's quality

-They come with the new t2 tweeter which is supposed to be quite amazing:D

-They have a pretty good power handling, because I hate subs that get louder than the mids n highs can support.

P.S. There aren't many reviews of these yet so Im really hoping that the mid bass of these is comparable to the DD c6.5's and PG RSD's or any other comps comprable. Because the T2 tweeter paired with that kinda mid bass and some good mid range vocals would make me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/celebrate.gif.82eef51c49c9919296cb60fd0d148863.gif..

Post...

Realy wanna hear how you like em
Ill def let you guys know how I like them, And ill get a few more "known ears to listen as well" so the review is more "official"

Peeps like snoopdan and such live in my area. (reference of level of ears im talking about).

Thanks for the reply tho.... I Hope to make this the go to thread for DD CS6.5 potential buyers. THIS IS A MAKE OR BREAK THREAD!!! LOL..... (im drunk) kinda

I'm buying my Imagines tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
I need a buuzz ID's are a good choice
I'd rather buy raw speakers, you get more bang for your buck that way, in most cases.
Yeah Ive had seas er18rnx's with seas neo aluminums before run active but i dont have the processing for that now(880prs) so : ( ... Passive it is...

Bottom line is i have 2 pairs of PG RSD's but i left them out of state at a buddy's house of which i cant get them for at least a month and a half. So i decided to buy a pair of components that I would more than likely keep more than the RSD's since they are great as budget speakers and have great mid bass and not much else. Anyway I had decided on the DD CS6.5's due to not wanting to run into mounting problems in the WEAK @SS shallow doors of the civic i just acquired.
Problems:

-I'm scared of anything that's SHALLOW MOUNT.

-Scared of the SQ of DD in general (never ran their comps but, it's the gearing of their subs to be spl.

-Could have gotten Hertz hsk 165's

-Could have gotten HAT Imagines

Pros:

-Theres no debating DD's quality

Post...
I beg to differ with that especially when it comes too there low end comp sets.

That is the exact setup that I am considering..... So, what were your thoughts on the Seas? Also, I was thinking about the tweets, but the silk dome instead of the aluminums. They will be ran off axis in the A pillars. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Yeah Ive had seas er18rnx's with seas neo aluminums before run active but i dont have the processing for that now(880prs) so : ( ... Passive it is...

I have play with both aluminum & silk Seas tweeter, I will say the aluminum are really nice with the right midbass.

I wouldn't cross them over lower then 2500 with a steep slope 18 or 24.

The Seas large format tweeters can be cx-over much lower & they sound much sweater as well, those Neo sound nice.

I like the SB Acoustics tweeters for the price, Then Vifa are really nice as well.

I haven't tried the newer Vifa NE tweeters, but i'm thinking of changing out setup just to try them out.

Seas Neo can be crossed lower than 2500. You can do like 1500Hz 24dB/O with them (not ideal but possible). They are some of the lowest playing tweets we can get.

Dunno much about the Vifa NE tweeter but the NE woofers seem average at best, so...

For a large format, Peerless HDS please.

^^^^ jab4au wanted to knw about the silk Seas tweeters-^^^^ Read the above post.

Those Seas tweeter cant be played lower than 2500hz & yes 1500hz will blow them even if the slope is 24.

that steep of a slpoe will make them sound tiny in sound.

As in Neo tweeters they are really nice, but i would use Vifa or LPG tweeters over the Seas neo silk.

you can look into Peerless HDS which are a great sounding tweeter or the Ring radiator by Vifa which can go lower.

I have played with the Newer Neo SB Acoustics & there Large format which to me is a much better tweeter more on lines with ScanSpeak tweeter.

Maybe because SB Acoutics techs use to work for Scan Speak.SB Acoutics neo is probably one of the lowest playing Neo that I have heard besides Scanspeaks.

There are plenty of chioces when it comes to tweeters.

There isn't a right or wrong tweeter, it's about wat you like.

I'm a F.A.S.T. type of guy, but i do like to buy new gear for shits & giggles

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.