dd 2510's box

Participant count
  • Participant list

atlninja82
10+ year member

i like to fish
atlanta
hey guys,

I am building another box for my dd 2510's since i got a new truck and have more space so Hopefully i can make these sound better and play louder with a new box. I had two 4 inch aeros in a 3 ft^3 box(gross) before. I really feel like they were being choked big time by the ports. This time I would like to have 3 cubes net and the right port area. I would like to do aeros again but what size would be the correct ones to go with? a single 6?

thanks a lot,

-eric

What were you tuned to before? With a 3ft^3(after displacements) box and full length(17") aeros, you're right at 35hz. That'd be a pretty decent box right there.

yea but 4 inch aeros i dont think that was enough port area... It was "chuffing" at low frequencies. But ill admit they were pretty short. I think that they were 12 inches a piece which puts them a little over 40 hz. but thats besides the point. I think running my sundown at .5 ohms gives them a little over 1000 rms a piece and they need a litte more port area than normal. correct me if im wrong

yea but 4 inch aeros i dont think that was enough port area... It was "chuffing" at low frequencies. But ill admit they were pretty short. I think that they were 12 inches a piece which puts them a little over 40 hz. but thats besides the point. I think running my sundown at .5 ohms gives them a little over 1000 rms a piece and they need a litte more port area than normal. correct me if im wrong
Slot port is probably the way to go then. You definitely have plenty of power with the 1500D, no need to go over ~2.5ft^3 for the pair.

soundstreamer- what did you have it tuned to? I want it to be loud but i want it to pound the lows unlike my last box. i feel like I need a bigger box than 2 cubes for it to excel with lower frequencies. does that sound right?

soundstreamer- what did you have it tuned to? I want it to be loud but i want it to pound the lows unlike my last box. i feel like I need a bigger box than 2 cubes for it to excel with lower frequencies. does that sound right?
Smaller box is fine if you have the power to still be able to push the subs close to their limits. But if you're using a 2.5f^3 box and can't push the subs to their max, then going with a smaller box isn't going to help anything.

And a bigger box(with the same tuning) isn't going to make that much of a difference if you're looking for low notes, it'll just make the peak larger and move it ever so slightly down the frequency curve. Tuning lower is pretty much the only way to do it. If you want those subs to extend low, do something like 2.5-3ft^3 at 30-32hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.