DC lvl 2 and 3 subs...

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was looking at the DC lvl 2 and 3 subs and noticed the box suggestions for ported is extremely small compared to other brands. The lvl 2 12 only needs 1.25 ported. If that's the case I may get 2 of them bad boys and put a aq 1200.1d on em. What do they sound good tuned at? I was thinking maybe 32-35hz. Listen to everything so want them to have good sq and get **** loud doing it.

I was looking at the DC lvl 2 and 3 subs and noticed the box suggestions for ported is extremely small compared to other brands. The lvl 2 12 only needs 1.25 ported. If that's the case I may get 2 of them bad boys and put a aq 1200.1d on em. What do they sound good tuned at? I was thinking maybe 32-35hz. Listen to everything so want them to have good sq and get **** loud doing it.
Yes they get low and loud in small boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ...

I'd tune around 36hrtz 17in port per cf.. That's what my level 4s shined in

Yes they get low and loud in small boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ...I'd tune around 36hrtz 17in port per cf.. That's what my level 4s shined in
I'm not sure what sub(s) I'm going with yet. Can't decide between 1 higher end 15 or 2 middle of the line 12's. I'm thinking 2 12" lvl 2's in a 2.5 ft^3 tuned at 35 hz with 1200 rms would be ideal. I'm looking for great sql. I don't want an all out spl sub. I am planning for a daily driver. Want it to sound good with all kinds of music, get low and loud. Needs to keep up with quick bass guitars and stuff like that to cause I listen to alot of rock from classic to metal. I'm also considering SA, SSA, AND IAD as options to. So many decisions to make....

I'm not sure what sub(s) I'm going with yet. Can't decide between 1 higher end 15 or 2 middle of the line 12's. I'm thinking 2 12" lvl 2's in a 2.5 ft^3 tuned at 35 hz with 1200 rms would be ideal. I'm looking for great sql. I don't want an all out spl sub. I am planning for a daily driver. Want it to sound good with all kinds of music, get low and loud. Needs to keep up with quick bass guitars and stuff like that to cause I listen to alot of rock from classic to metal. I'm also considering SA, SSA, AND IAD as options to. So many decisions to make....
All the sub compaines you've named make nice woofers .. But as far as the dc's go .. They should suit your needs just fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.