Can I?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joshgcorsa

Basically I was wondering if I can have 2 or 3 active subs wired in the car? And for it to still sound alright?

I was wondering if it's possible so I can one on constant and then to have a switch to turn on 2 more.

My HU only has only one per out? Is it possible or am I just dreaming in coo coo land //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks in advanced

J.G

Basically I was wondering if I can have 2 or 3 active subs wired in the car? And for it to still sound alright? I was wondering if it's possible so I can one on constant and then to have a switch to turn on 2 more.

My HU only has only one per out? Is it possible or am I just dreaming in coo coo land //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks in advanced

J.G
I got a switch in my car for the 4 12s, and stock sub,

I've got a child on the way so gotta get rid of current set up, so I'm looking at a cheap way the bass I would like without loosing my cars boot space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and I was thinking some very pointless active underseat ones with an active sub ( not chosen which subs yet)

You could do this if you wanted to.

Get two amplifiers. Run a single sub on one. And run a pair from the other amp. Then have the remote turn on lead for the second amp on a toggle switch. When you want the other two woofers playing just turn on the switch > it will start playing the other two subs.

As for your one preout on you headunit just make sure the amps u get have an RCA output and you can daisy chain the signal into the second amp.

If you don't have that luxury use a rca splitter to feed the subwoofer preout signal from your headunit into both amps that way.

It's a hot topic for debate on weather it will sound good due to phasing/cancellation issues.

And I wouldn't recommend turning on the second amp while in the middle of playing a track. just to be safe

You could do this if you wanted to.
Get two amplifiers. Run a single sub on one. And run a pair from the other amp. Then have the remote turn on lead for the second amp on a toggle switch. When you want the other two woofers playing just turn on the switch > it will start playing the other two subs.

As for your one preout on you headunit just make sure the amps u get have an RCA output and you can daisy chine the signal into the second amp.

If you don't have that luxury use a rca splitter to feed the subwoofer preout signal into both amps that way.
Now that will work, what if I get the subs that have the amps already built into the box. I know there not the best just thinking of saving that little extra room? Would you still suggest to just get the two amps and run it that way?

Now that will work, what if I get the subs that have the amps already built into the box. I know there not the best just thinking of saving that little extra room? Would you still suggest to just get the two amps and run it that way?
If you are running a amp/speaker/box combo like an infinity bass link it will work the same way.

Just hook it all up and put the remote turn on lead to a switch for each amp/sub combo. Make sure each unit has a RCA plugged in feeding it your signal for the deck and your all set.

You have each box/amp/sub wired for 12V power and ground.

You feed each one a signal from your head unit using splitters or daisy chaining as mentioned above

Then just think if the remote wire as your on-off switch.

If you are running a amp/speaker/box combo like an infinity bass link it will work the same way.
Just hook it all up and put the remote turn on lead to a switch for each amp/sub combo. Make sure each has a has a RCA feeding it your signal for the deck and your set.

You have each box/amp/sub wired for 12V power and ground. You feed each one a signal from your head unit using splitters or daisy chaining as mentioned above and then just think if the remote wire as your on-off switch.
Thank you so much I've been convincing myself it some how wouldn't work for whatever reason.

So let me run this past you. The remote wire I split into 2 so I can run one part straight to one sub/amp then the other to a switch which then split to 2 for the 2 amps I want turned off until I want them? With the RCA cables being either y-splitters or daisy chaining? And then obviously a live and ground from each sub/amp?

Thank you so much I've been convincing myself it some how wouldn't work for whatever reason.So let me run this past you. The remote wire I split into 2 so I can run one part straight to one sub/amp then the other to a switch which then split to 2 for the 2 amps I want turned off until I want them? With the RCA cables being either y-splitters or daisy chaining? And then obviously a live and ground from each sub/amp?
You got it Josh!

The remote turn on wire from deck is split into two wires.

One goes direct in the amp/sub 1 for a constant on unit.

And the other wire feeds the 12V input of your switch. Then connect two wires to the output leg of you switch one will connect to the remote input of amp/sub 2 and the other will connect to the remote for amp/sub 3.

Flip your switch and the circuit is compete and it sends the 12V to your remote turn one leads for amp 2 and 3 and now your rocking all 3 subs.

Have fun man! And post up pics too!

You got it Josh!
The remote turn on wire from deck is split into two wires.

One goes direct in the amp/sub 1 for a constant on unit.

And the other wire feeds the 12V input of your switch. Then connect two wires to the output leg of you switch one will connect to the remote input of amp/sub 2 and the other will connect to the remote for amp/sub 3.

Flip your switch and the circuit is compete and it sends the 12V to your remote turn one leads for amp 2 and 3 and now your rocking all 3 subs.

Have fun man! And post up pics too!
Thank you for your help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's gonna be awhile till I can afford to do this but now I know I can I'm defiantly saving for it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joshgcorsa

Joshgcorsa
Oxfordshire
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Joshgcorsa