DC lvl 2 8"

Yes, that means you are not, by their policy. They do that to try and send business to their dealers. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?
The point I'm making is that the system they have is fucked up and should leave a bad taste in the mouths of those who are forced to buy from a dealer or not at all(if they're wanting it new). I'd never buy a new DC woofer just because of this, even if I could get the direct discount. And the fact that they try and keep everything so secretive as far as not wanting people to post prices just makes everything even more ridiculous.

They are not the first company to do this.
Does that mean it's ok and a good business practice?

I never said undercutting their dealers was helping them.
You said their system helps direct business towards their dealers. I'm saying that the price discrepancy can turn people away from their dealers and look for ways to get direct pricing...which will hurt their dealers.

But on that note, dealers have to make their cut as well. How could they survive if they sold the subs at factory direct pricing?
That's part of my point, they can't. You're not understanding that I think factory direct pricing should be the same as the dealer pricing, ie: higher than what direct pricing is now. Of course dealers can't survive if they're selling 12" lvl3's for $150...

Fair or not is a subjective opinion.
Ok, you pay $500 for a woofer, and Steven Johnson who lives 2 miles down the street gets it for $300...fair to you?

I think here is the point. It's hard to have the best of both worlds, low factory direct pricing and successful dealers. I feel like anyone should be able to purchase direct and maybe those going into shops without much knowledge would be the brick and mortar shops main customers when it comes to DC

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif who ever cant put up e-mail and call these companies a dew times can either deal w/ buying these products used or just go back to buying mainstream from local $hithole dealers. I have no problem e-mailing Rusty and waiting a while for a response if it's gonna save me some dough for a great product. Atomic, on the other hand, treaded me like $hit through e-mails and I would never buy from them or recommend them to anyone. I'd def buy used Atomic products though as I hear they're pretty nice:nerd:

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif who ever cant put up e-mail and call these companies a dew times can either deal w/ buying these products used or just go back to buying mainstream from local $hithole dealers. I have no problem e-mailing Rusty and waiting a while for a response if it's gonna save me some dough for a great product. Atomic, on the other hand, treaded me like $hit through e-mails and I would never buy from them or recommend them to anyone. I'd def buy used Atomic products though as I hear they're pretty nice:nerd:
the point is that you dont have to go to a local $hithole dealer. . . you can simply just go with some other online dealer that has just as good of a product, comparable or better pricing, more direct with their pricing, and get everything without having to jump through hoops to get it.

The point I'm making is that the system they have is fucked up and should leave a bad taste in the mouths of those who are forced to buy from a dealer or not at all(if they're wanting it new). I'd never buy a new DC woofer just because of this, even if I could get the direct discount. And the fact that they try and keep everything so secretive as far as not wanting people to post prices just makes everything even more ridiculous.

Does that mean it's ok and a good business practice?

You said their system helps direct business towards their dealers. I'm saying that the price discrepancy can turn people away from their dealers and look for ways to get direct pricing...which will hurt their dealers.

That's part of my point, they can't. You're not understanding that I think factory direct pricing should be the same as the dealer pricing, ie: higher than what direct pricing is now. Of course dealers can't survive if they're selling 12" lvl3's for $150...

Ok, you pay $500 for a woofer, and Steven Johnson who lives 2 miles down the street gets it for $300...fair to you?
By that, I'm not endorsing their business practice. I'm stating it's not a new concept and people should not be surprised by them implementing this.

Options for going around your local dealer are pretty limited unless you have it shipped to a friend/family member.

Say they did bump direct pricing up, then everyone would complain about that. You can't make everyone happy.

I think 2 miles is a big of an exaggeration. I'm not sure what the range is from a dealer that would make you applicable for purchasing direct. My person opinion is, unfair or not, I can understand what they're trying to do.

dc don't protect the dealer!

i spent hours in my store with ppl and after that, they email rusty and he quoted em close to dealer price .

dc should be a eD cuz they are a Internet co.

dc dont protect dealers. rustys subs not bad at all. rusty is after $ not a good honer. that's fine for a Internet co.

I have talked to more dealers that rusty did that 2 (under cut )so for a retailer that has rent, kids to feed, and lights ect I cant have his junk in my shop!

dc sells direct at or close to dealer price.

as far as a biz man, rusty is a snake. as a sub maker, he has good subs,

ill sell re audio they dont sell direct ,and it same sub

i dont hate rusty.

Last edited by a moderator:
dc don't protect the dealer! i spent hours in my store with ppl and after that, they email rusty and he quoted em dealer price to them. dc should be a eD cuz they are a Internet co. the dont protect dealers. rustys subs not bad at all. rusty is after $ not a good honer. that's fine for a Internet co. I have talked to more dealers that rusty did that 2 so for a retailer that has rent, kids to feed, and lights ect I cant have his junk in my shop! the co sells direct at dealer price. as far as a biz man, rusty is a snake. as a sub maker, he has good subs, but ill sell re audio they dont sell direct and it same sub.....i can take any sub ship over china have em make same sub with my top plate and boot w/ logo or get the part to make em my self.i dont hate rusty.
lulz

dc don't protect the dealer! i spent hours in my store with ppl and after that, they email rusty and he quoted em dealer price to them. dc should be a eD cuz they are a Internet co. the dont protect dealers. rustys subs not bad at all. rusty is after $ not a good honer. that's fine for a Internet co. I have talked to more dealers that rusty did that 2 so for a retailer that has rent, kids to feed, and lights ect I cant have his junk in my shop! the co sells direct at dealer price. as far as a biz man, rusty is a snake. as a sub maker, he has good subs, but ill sell re audio they dont sell direct and it same sub.....i can take any sub ship over china have em make same sub with my top plate and boot w/ logo or get the part to make em my self.i dont hate rusty.
What?

Options for going around your local dealer are pretty limited unless you have it shipped to a friend/family member.
Or someone from the largest car audio forum on the net. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif It really wouldn't be hard for me, I know several people on this forum who would probably help me out if I slid them $20 on the side.

Say they did bump direct pricing up, then everyone would complain about that. You can't make everyone happy.
I bet it'd make their dealers happy. Whether or not it's a popular choice has nothing to do with what I'm arguing. The point is ethics and morality. It just doesn't seem right to undercut your dealers by so much, and on top of that try to keep it as secret as possible.

I think 2 miles is a big of an exaggeration. I'm not sure what the range is from a dealer that would make you applicable for purchasing direct.
Why is it an exaggeration? There has to be some sort of definite distance that qualifies you, otherwise it'd be DC just deciding whether or not they want to cut you a deal at their own discretion. And two miles could be the difference between getting direct pricing and not.

This is a cycle we've seen before, and will continue to see reoccurring. Small speaker manufacturers in a start-up operation, internet advertising, sales and distribution is the cheapest, most wide spreading business model that probably exists on the planet right now. So a lot of the new companies will proceed this way. But as their popularity (and revenue) increases, their business model evolves into the dealer network the larger brands use. The 'transition period' between the two periods is bound to be bloody in one way or another.

RE is a perfect example, although they did things a bit differently with their transition into dealer networks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

the Answer

10+ year member
DC audio FTMFW
the Answer
sumter county, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date