DC lvl 2 8"

loudmofo; thanx for the popcorn bro.

jake; i know, people rather argue i want to see some spec's and maybe a coil pix or something. i love to see new products but this post is pretty much worthless dribble after 10pages even...

This type of mentality is why car audio shops keep going out of business. They do it to protect their dealers, simple as that.
I believe that DC undercutting their dealers' prices by selling direct for cheaper is hurting the car audio shops. Just because I live in a certain area I'm not entitled to the cheaper direct prices that Billy-Bob McSisterfucker gets because he lives in the sticks?

Does that seem like a fair way to operate a business?

I'd like to see you try to explain how offering direct prices that are a good deal cheaper than shop prices is in any way helping those local shops. How is undercutting considered as "protecting their dealers?" It makes no sense, and just gives people reason to try and bypass the local shops that carry their equipment.

I believe that DC undercutting their dealers' prices by selling direct for cheaper is hurting the car audio shops. Just because I live in a certain area I'm not entitled to the cheaper direct prices that Billy-Bob McSisterfucker gets because he lives in the sticks?
I sorta agree with you, man....except I live in the sticks and get the dealer direct pricing. I can see being pissed about not getting the direct pricing, but it wouldn't be fair for guys like me to have to drive 4 hours to buy a DC sub. We shouldn't have to miss out because of where we live.

I contacted Treo about pricing a year or so back and was put in touch with a dealer that's 3.5 hours away from my house. No way am I going to drive a 7 hour round trip to buy a sub. The point? More companies need to have direct sales as well as a dealer program...

I sorta agree with you, man....except I live in the sticks and get the dealer direct pricing. I can see being pissed about not getting the direct pricing, but it wouldn't be fair for guys like me to have to drive 4 hours to buy a DC sub. We shouldn't have to miss out because of where we live.
I contacted Treo about pricing a year or so back and was put in touch with a dealer that's 3.5 hours away from my house. No way am I going to drive a 7 hour round trip to buy a sub. The point? More companies need to have direct sales as well as a dealer program...
There shouldnt be an extra incentive though. Dealer direct pricing should be the same as dealer pricing, or atleast suggested retail. Lets use Sundown. If jacob says its takes $150 to slap a nightshade together, sells it for $200 and tells dealers to sell it for $250, then jacob by ethics should have a dealer direct price on that same woofer of $250. If the dealer is greedy and wants to mark it to $300 then the dealer should lose that business. Anyone can lie about having dealers near them.

Thats my take on it.

I'm just trying to say that standard direct and dealer prices should be the same. I don't think you should get a break because of where you live. If a shop wants to have a sale, then fine. If DC wants to get rid of some inventory that anyone can order online for a cheap price, fine. But having the base prices be so different is just not helping the B&Ms at all since they have more overhead and cannot compete with those prices that DC offers directly.

I contacted Treo about pricing a year or so back and was put in touch with a dealer that's 3.5 hours away from my house
Treo has some odd policies. There is a Treo dealer in my town, and because of that, treo basically will not even talk to me

I'd like to see you try to explain how offering direct prices that are a good deal cheaper than shop prices is in any way helping those local shops. How is undercutting considered as "protecting their dealers?" It makes no sense, and just gives people reason to try and bypass the local shops that carry their equipment.
Yes, that means you are not, by their policy. They do that to try and send business to their dealers. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp? They are not the first company to do this. I never said undercutting their dealers was helping them. I'm talking about you living within so many miles of a dealer. But on that note, dealers have to make their cut as well. How could they survive if they sold the subs at factory direct pricing? Their system is designed so you do not have the option to pick and choose who you buy from. That is how it helps the local shops. If you want to go the extra effort to try and bypass this, by all means do it. Not everyone is going to though. Some people do not mind paying extra knowing they have that local support. Granted most everyone here could give a **** less.

Fair or not is a subjective opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

the Answer

10+ year member
DC audio FTMFW
the Answer
sumter county, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date