DC lvl 2 8"

or just PM him. I've always been e-mailed back same or next day and have always been PM'd same day. Sure not everyone has such luck obviously but there's no reason to get worked up cuz thor doesnt respond to u. Out of like 3 or four PMs i think he PMd me once. The dude picks and chooses... so what. go direct.
Except a lvl5 and DDZ are not on the same level of comparison. A lvl5 would compare much more closely to the 9500 series. The DDZ would compete against DC's new neo sub they have coming out (presumably).

PM returned. I dont visit this site much anymore. If you need to get ahold of me I can be reached at
rob@dcsoundlab.com

:laugh:Is that the best you've got?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
truth hurts the most broski. UMAD k thx.

Except a lvl5 and DDZ are not on the same level of comparison. A lvl5 would compare much more closely to the 9500 series. The DDZ would compete against DC's new neo sub they have coming out (presumably).
We pulled a pr of ddz 15's out of Steve Hasenbiens xterra and put in a pr of spl lvl 5's. We kept all things equal and the spl lvl 5's were .5 louder.

The xl's are a better comparison to the 9500's

We pulled a pr of ddz 15's out of Steve Hasenbiens xterra and put in a pr of spl lvl 5's. We kept all things equal and the spl lvl 5's were .5 louder.
Finally someone agrees with me. I tell everyone about the XL's being close to the 9500's. The weight and TS specs are very similar. Everybody keeps responding with " the specs dont matter" I call BS. Thanks Rob for your input

Finally someone agrees with me. I tell everyone about the XL's being close to the 9500's. The weight and TS specs are very similar. Everybody keeps responding with " the specs dont matter" I call BS. Thanks Rob for your input
Anytime!

dc don't protect the dealer! i spent hours in my store with ppl and after that, they email rusty and he quoted em close to dealer price .

dc should be a eD cuz they are a Internet co.

dc dont protect dealers. rustys subs not bad at all. rusty is after $ not a good honer. that's fine for a Internet co.

I have talked to more dealers that rusty did that 2 (under cut )so for a retailer that has rent, kids to feed, and lights ect I cant have his junk in my shop!

dc sells direct at or close to dealer price.

as far as a biz man, rusty is a snake. as a sub maker, he has good subs,

ill sell re audio they dont sell direct ,and it same sub

i dont hate rusty.
Not call you a lier but. I have had customers in my area call direct for prices. And DC would NOT give them prices and refer them to me and even give me a contact number for me to call the customer. I have had no problems.

You better hide in a bomb shelter, they are coming for you.

id say hes about right aslong as lvl5 soft parts were used

motor mass wise i'd say they are equal i mean the lvl5s motor is massive they 18 wieghs what 89lbs?

but it pissed me too **** when people compare the hdc3 motor to the 9500g motor

completely different and the 9500g is noticeably bigger side by side....

What does a drop-in comparison between two subs, in a single install/situation, really tell us about the over all comparison of those products in the general terms you are extrapolating it to? It tells us the lvl5 was a half db louder in that specific situation. Beyond that is mere guesswork.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

the Answer

10+ year member
DC audio FTMFW
the Answer
sumter county, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date