DC lvl 2 8"

I really do not understand the "secret pricing" strategy. Can anyone explain how a company would benefit from NOT posting a price and having hundreds of people PM/Emailing them daily for pricing? I know I emailed and got a price list, but it took like 3-4 days to get it. Doesn't seem too "customer friendly" to me...

A lot better then other companies that take me a week or more to get back to me, or never get back to me after repeatedly emailing them.
I agree. Not disrespecting their CS. I just think waiting 3-4 days just to get a price might turn some buyers away. Seems like it would be more logical just to post the pricing and let people order without the hassle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

They don't list the prices publicly because they have a dealer network. Simple as that...
Truth. They're protecting their network and if you've every owned a business you would understand how great it would be to have companies that do this.

Had no idea they had dealers. thought they were only direct/internet based. Makes sense I guess. But anyone with half a brain can email them and get the direct price. (if they know buying direct is cheaper than buying from their dealers) Thanks for clearing that up though.

they have dealers listed on the site
Last time I was on their site they didn't even have pics of the subs...lol But it all makes sense to me now. I just assumed they were an internet based direct company. Thats why I questioned it. My mistake..

Jesus that is expensive for what it is. I'd hate to see msrp on the 9515. I have never owned a dd product and never will.
MSRP implies you could be charged less by buying direct, which is clearly not the case. If DD were to advertise their pricing in the same manor as many other companies do, the MSRP price would be double that, or $1014. For the base model 3515. $507 is the 'insider' price in that scheme. Im curious if you would be quoted the $507 from a local DD dealer, or even more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

the Answer

10+ year member
DC audio FTMFW
the Answer
sumter county, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date