DC Level 4 12" Sub Box Size

Participant count
  • Participant list

f1mclarenagr
10+ year member

4SKN
Milwaukee
Hey guys,

I am going to be purchasing two DC Audio Level 4 12" sub woofers, and have a question on the box size. On the website it say 1.5^3 ft per sub is recommended for ported enclosures. So obviously this would be 3^3 ft of airspace for two subs. Now, I have a box already that is 4^3 ft that I have made. Will this 1^3 ft size difference benefit or be worse off for these subs. I usually thought that it was the bigger the better really, but if I have to make a new box I would like to know if I should go the recommend, keep my old box, or try going the biggest my trunk will allow?

Thanks for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.