dc level 3?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cocoleveo7686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
Heard the 12" is great in a 1.5cu ft after displacement for this sub?

I read what the ar cone upgrade is but i dont fully understand it. Can anyone explain? Any pics of reg cone vs ar upgrade?

Also if i upgrade the level 3 to level 4 does that mean it will take more power? And should it be in a bigger box since its level 4?

Sorry for all these questions. Got 3.2 cubes to work with and i heard the dc level 3s would be my best bet. I had ab xfl before

I'd do Ampere Audio 3.0s

They like small boxes aswell, and are built with better quality parts. DC softparts aren't all that great, and I wasn't impressed by my DC Level 3 15. Got louder with a single 12

The AR upgrade is a reinforced cone and surround. Stronger, and stiffer allowing the sub to have more control during stroke. The Level 4 upgrade is just a better coil. It would add thermal power handling

I'd do Ampere Audio 3.0s
They like small boxes aswell, and are built with better quality parts. DC softparts aren't all that great, and I wasn't impressed by my DC Level 3 15. Got louder with a single 12

The AR upgrade is a reinforced cone and surround. Stronger, and stiffer allowing the sub to have more control during stroke. The Level 4 upgrade is just a better coil. It would add thermal power handling
Hmm ill have to check into those. Its hard because i only have 3.2 cubes to work with. But i cant fit a 15 because of height

They are pretty expensive but they look like they are much better. I cant find what size box is recommended for them. $700 for 2 12s is a little high for me. But if they are gonna get alot louder and sound better i may do it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.