DC Leve 6 m4 15 box size?

What frequency does he burp? Seems to me you could just go with a larger box than 3 cube if you're burping around 50hz you're not going to be hitting x-max unless he has 8-10KW on tap.
It's a get the loudest while still playing low scenario. So it's a mix of loud and lows and music. He was peaking at 33 hz or something like that. He has 14k worth of amps

Back in the day we did two 10" xl's and broke the record for the year in a RX-8, first time metering. LOL. Worst bass car ever. He was close to breaking the all time record but changed his setup before he did. He could've done it, too. I wish he did, that'd be good for my box designs.

It's a get the loudest while still playing low scenario. So it's a mix of loud and lows and music. He was peaking at 33 hz or something like that. He has 14k worth of amps
What's the lowest impedance that sub sees? You realize "rise" doesn't mean if the amp is seeing 4 ohms at 32hz it's also seeing that at 50, right? If he is never burping why do you care about impedance at all?

What's the lowest impedance that sub sees? You realize "rise" doesn't mean if the amp is seeing 4 ohms at 32hz it's also seeing that at 50, right? If he is never burping why do you care about impedance at all?
Yes, I do know that. I've been doing this for a while //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

There is still an overall resistance of the box, like I said, I'm just trying to make the air flow better

Yes, I do know that. I've been doing this for a while //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
There is still an overall resistance of the box, like I said, I'm just trying to make the air flow better
So what is his lowest impedance that amp sees? Also if high impedance indicates the most efficient operation why is this an issue whatsoever? Do you have an impedance curve graphed of the sub in box? It would be interesting to compare that with the plot from a new box.

Plenty of valid reasons to build a new box, but "rise" is absurd, and doubly so if he plans to play music.

So what is his lowest impedance that amp sees? Also if high impedance indicates the most efficient operation why is this an issue whatsoever? Do you have an impedance curve graphed of the sub in box? It would be interesting to compare that with the plot from a new box.
Plenty of valid reasons to build a new box, but "rise" is absurd, and doubly so if he plans to play music.
Well when I say rise, there are indicators that the enclosure isn't functioning properly no matter what the goal is. The rear port was too small, the maximum port velocity was too high. There is a large correlation between port size and rise, as well as enclosure size and rise. So with his power he's running, and his goals, the box wasn't proper. I suspect the rear chamber was causing too much restriction with the port being too small. The airspace was probably too large for the power levels, so I shrunk that down some as well. With the power he was clamping, with the amount of power available, the rise would've had to be enormous, even for a musical enclosure. I've seen a lot of power numbers and rise numbers, and his rise did just not seem proper.

Ive always known of dc to be small to medium enclosure. Everyone runs DC out here because its relatively local. Virtually no one puts them in large ported.

Ive always known of dc to be small to medium enclosure. Everyone runs DC out here because its relatively local. Virtually no one puts them in large ported.
Their soft parts and coils take a sh*t in larger boxes along with not getting loud, according to winisd, they lose a lot of cone control after a certain point and that point doesnt require a lot of power to reach either. They dominate in medium-small boxes with a lot of port area.

There is no denying the soft part issues. But dc has gotten better over time. I used to see dc subs blow at every show without fail. It isnt as frequent any more.

Id personally never run DC. But there are applications that they do well. And Rusty is a good owner. I dont mind his business being successful... but they wont be in my car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.