DC Amps Reversible?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I need, or want rather, my power and speaker lugs on left side of amp and controls and rca in on the right, WITH the DC label being right side up. Make sense?
In that case I don't think you can do that. If anything, mount them upside down and show off them guts with a plexi back. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I mounted mine upside down. Take a look at my build log.

But typically the heatsinks are extruded in long pieces and then cut down to size, so end pieces are then put on. The MOSFETs are attached to the case so this will take some work. I wouldn't do it and live with the writing if I were you.

That is a very symmetrical made amp. Heatsinks appear to be identical down both sides. Fets are all clipped to h sink. If you possess the knowledge to take an amp apart and reassemble it correctly, I don't see why you could not do it with this amp. As long as the board is a slide in, or bolts down symmetrically also. I have done it in the past with no issues. This all depends on your level of knowledge/skill ... You could also ruin a good amp if not done correctly.

I have also stripped amps out, and had them re-anodized and silk screened to the correct orientation for a clean install ....

Did not realize Fets are clipped in. I am going to do it if that's the case. That's good news. Thanks!
They may not simply be clipped down. Most are screwed in and adhered to the heatsink as well. Mounting holes also may not be symmetrical. Honestly, it's going to be more hassle than it's worth.

just be certain that the h sinks are the same density down both sides of the amp ... and don't forget new HS grease ....

The DC audio 2k amp I just looked at has clipped fets ....

Even if they are bolted, you just have to lay it out, and drill & tap new holes in the proper locations ..

They may not simply be clipped down. Most are screwed in and adhered to the heatsink as well. Mounting holes also may not be symmetrical. Honestly, it's going to be more hassle than it's worth.
This is true, and as I did state, he needs to make sure the board mounts are symmetrical also .... but it is really up to him if it is more hassle than it is worth... but it is possible, if he has the skill to do so ....and that is what he asked ...

Got into and decided to abort. Would be worth it to me for one amp but I have three to do. Not worth the time for something that very few will ever see. Will be a good test of my part time OCD!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.