DB meter reading up to 160

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
Im wanting to know if anyone knows a download for a Laptop(pref.Free) for DB reading up to 160,or website??Or if there is a handheld unit for a decent price??A friend of mine downloaded an app for his cell/Smart phone, but not certain if it is that accurate.All Ive seen on Ebay is the one I had/cant find (cheap Shoshe)that only goes to 130, and the other seen only goes to 140.Like to find a way to retrieve approx 160.Thanks,Laptop would be best.Im not too good on the phone kinda thing..

Term-LAB Measurement System
SPL measurement is much more complicated than you think. It isn't just a mic, it's a special sensor.
Understood.I thought there may have been some sort of app/program to use with a Laptop, by today with all the technology/pirating??I guess I can go to the nearest comp show and get a testing done??Its funny..Ive been in car audio for so many years, but have never been to a comp,ever,only seen on you tube??Been to a small setup at a Hooters once,about it..LOL,Ya that meter I have/had goes into error @130.Just thought Id see??Thanks guys..I could buy a pair of decent subs for that price..LOL

yeah dude i went to radioshack the other day someone told me they sell them there ha it only went to 130 i was asking for 160 guy goes thats like sitting right behind a jet engine...like im stupid..i go i know sit in my car....not too far off i hope lol!

but the cell phone mic cant come close only measures ot like 110 or so i read i think..and ive learned there is no cheap way...i know my local audioshop has their own way cuz they used to host a lot of comps and they charge a small fee for their time to do it

The Termlab is the standard everyone goes by so any other meter will only be a "close" estimate of what you will do at a comp. You can find a local audio shop with one, a member on here or wait until you can get on the meter at a comp.

Don't feel bad about not going to a comp until now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I just started going to them a couple years ago but have been into car audio since the mid 90's. Its amazing how everyone's definition of "good" sound is so vastly different in person. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah dude i went to radioshack the other day someone told me they sell them there ha it only went to 130 i was asking for 160 guy goes thats like sitting right behind a jet engine...like im stupid..i go i know sit in my car....not too far off i hope lol!
but the cell phone mic cant come close only measures ot like 110 or so i read i think..and ive learned there is no cheap way...i know my local audioshop has their own way cuz they used to host a lot of comps and they charge a small fee for their time to do it
Ya I swung by The Shack also.LOL..Im thinking Im close to 140 now,with a pair of tens,yet Fri, I will have the other pair in with my new box ported.Id like to know what I am at now, and will be later as well.The shop I went to does not have one.I had them do a box for me since they have the lazer cutting machine and a program to tune each chamber for 30Hz.what I want.I dont have the stuff to do that,.But Ya, Id like to know what Im shelling out atm.I know my outside mirrors shake drastically even with deadning,and my bald head feels like i have hair again, and my throat hurts when the lows hit.Maybe there is a place around here.just have to look a bit more.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/spank.gif.0d78e34d42ea8780359e903aeb6697d6.gif

The Termlab is the standard everyone goes by so any other meter will only be a "close" estimate of what you will do at a comp. You can find a local audio shop with one, a member on here or wait until you can get on the meter at a comp.
Don't feel bad about not going to a comp until now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I just started going to them a couple years ago but have been into car audio since the mid 90's. Its amazing how everyone's definition of "good" sound is so vastly different in person. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Im with you,Ive been in car audio since 89.Never been.Id rather do the testing ,just to know.Hopefully one will be near Dallas soon.I have one other place I can check tomorrow for sure.Im almost certain they have.Might save me some gas @$4 per gallon atm,and my 98Xcab Chevy 3dr only gets like 17mpg..LOL

Check out SPL-Lab USA. They have leasing abilities. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Also, the group buy is going on now.

im 23 been into car audio only maybe year and half but man im egging hard wanting to go to some comps but i want to be on my game!! just still learning but i really wanna compete and i hate how i never know my numbers people brag and a lot of times im thinking i have had to been in the 145 range or so at least at some point but i sound like an idiot without knowing :/

Check out SPL-Lab USA. They have leasing abilities. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Also, the group buy is going on now.
Will do..LOL,checking your sig ..You are a rep of.I will check it out.Do you happen to have one with a scratch on the side of it pretty cheap??I can make an offer..LOL,Yet I thank you, and will check out:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.