Dayton DSP first looks

only 10 bands of eq per channel? according to website
its plenty because look at the sub range. look at your midbass range and look at your midrange range and tweeter range... 10 is way more than plenty. The other equivalent in the price range aka the rockford DSR1 at 250$ is literally 31 bands split between all 4 pairs channels so thats less than 8 EQ bands per pair of channels. For 150$ this **** is beyond ridiculous.

I had a 15% off coupon code so i got the bluetooth dongle and this for 156 shipped.

Looks awesome so far, the interface needs some work but that's to be expected.

Do all 8 channels have their own HP/LP/BP option from 20-20khz or is channel 7/8 summed in an annoying way?

Do you see a possibility for easily integrating two of these for a total of 16 channels for $300? I imagine the bluetooth syncing might be annoying

Looks awesome so far, the interface needs some work but that's to be expected.
Do all 8 channels have their own HP/LP/BP option from 20-20khz or is channel 7/8 summed in an annoying way?

Do you see a possibility for easily integrating two of these for a total of 16 channels for $300? I imagine the bluetooth syncing might be annoying
Each channel is independent. Geoff is taking inputs on the software. They need to add in typing numbers.

Really nice unit, definitely worth owning one or two at this price. Forgive me, I haven't read much on it yet - I'm assuming you can address firmware updates so it will be somewhat future proofed? Strange that it doesn't have 6 channels of input but that's not the end of the world. Most surprising is the combination of high level inputs and a lack of EQ to compensate for or undo factory EQ, as was said above. Would be really nice to see a very sleek looking add-on dash mount control that has a sensible interface and nice graphics.

Each channel is independent. Geoff is taking inputs on the software. They need to add in typing numbers.
Geoff? Is he the software guy?

I can think of a few things I could email to him, but I don't think they want to put in loads of time or the price point may go up

Update on this.  This is THE solution to newer cars that need to retain factory head units. The Bluetooth audio quality on the dongle is absolutely excellent.  Audio through the rca input connection blows. Its louder but sounds like sh*t. Better to just reset your gains with the Bluetooth dongle instead. 

Also when plugging this in and firing it up the first time. Make sure you choose the inputs first or you wont have sound coming out of it. 

Software is not buggy at all and connection for tuning is not lighning quick with the phone app but its very consistent. Connection to audio playback is quick with the dongle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.