Dayton DSP first looks

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
It’s amazing value. It’s just as capable as any $600 unit. BUT no input EQ. With the remote that’s not really a deal breaker.
It'll work for some people. But it's not for everybody.

OP
Jeffdachef

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
only 10 bands of eq per channel? according to website
its plenty because look at the sub range. look at your midbass range and look at your midrange range and tweeter range... 10 is way more than plenty. The other equivalent in the price range aka the rockford DSR1 at 250$ is literally 31 bands split between all 4 pairs channels so thats less than 8 EQ bands per pair of channels. For 150$ this **** is beyond ridiculous.

I had a 15% off coupon code so i got the bluetooth dongle and this for 156 shipped.

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
VA
Looks awesome so far, the interface needs some work but that's to be expected.

Do all 8 channels have their own HP/LP/BP option from 20-20khz or is channel 7/8 summed in an annoying way?

Do you see a possibility for easily integrating two of these for a total of 16 channels for $300? I imagine the bluetooth syncing might be annoying

LosIsATool

CarAudio.com Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Looks awesome so far, the interface needs some work but that's to be expected.
Do all 8 channels have their own HP/LP/BP option from 20-20khz or is channel 7/8 summed in an annoying way?

Do you see a possibility for easily integrating two of these for a total of 16 channels for $300? I imagine the bluetooth syncing might be annoying
Each channel is independent. Geoff is taking inputs on the software. They need to add in typing numbers.

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
Really nice unit, definitely worth owning one or two at this price. Forgive me, I haven't read much on it yet - I'm assuming you can address firmware updates so it will be somewhat future proofed? Strange that it doesn't have 6 channels of input but that's not the end of the world. Most surprising is the combination of high level inputs and a lack of EQ to compensate for or undo factory EQ, as was said above. Would be really nice to see a very sleek looking add-on dash mount control that has a sensible interface and nice graphics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending Topics

Latest Classifieds