dampener

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm really loving my AT so far, too. I did severe overkill to many but it sure as hell worked. Stick to very smooth plastic, sticks to glass, anything.
i thought i had a roller sitting around from some raamat i used a while back but i guess not, so tomorrow im gonna make a run to lowes or HD and pick one up and get to work on this trunk

I did mine using a block of 2x2 that was laying around. Hrm.....could of been done easier.
lol, i used the roller on my last install of deadener and it worked great! its in a thread somewhere, check my username for a dodge ram build thread

Thanks. Will be doing trunk for now (about 25sqft?) and then the floor and doors.
If you use it wisely a 25 sq ft roll will go along ways, it should be enough to do a trunk and a door or two. If you do not use it wisely it will not be enough to do a whole trunk.

If you use it wisely a 25 sq ft roll will go along ways, it should be enough to do a trunk and a door or two. If you do not use it wisely it will not be enough to do a whole trunk.
What do you consider using it wisely? j/c

What do you consider using it wisely? j/c
For instance on a door, no more than 5 sq ft should be needed but some people have used 15-20+ sq ft on one door which is not needed (I used less than 20 sq ft to do all 4 of my doors.) I would start with 25-50% coverage and go from there. After applying it if you feel you need more then add more. Covering 100% and/ or doubling up will make the roll disappear fast.

I know this issue might have been beaten to death before, but at the time I wasnt interested enough to pay attention. I know I read a post from a member here that was very thorough on how to sound deaden specific areas of a vehicle. I wish I would have bookmarked it at the time because it was really good info.

Please explain what kind of coverage I should give certain shapes of the vehicle:

Large flat areas-

curves-

Trunk floor, curving down into the spare tire area-

Rear quarter pannels-

sheet metal behind rear seat(non folding)

rear deck-

Trunk lid-

I know this is a lot of info, and honestly, I am being lazy by asking. I do plan to doing my own research, but the more info, the better.

This is really a testament on what kind of guy is running this company. Any other salesman would fire up a buyer and have him believing he needs to double and maybe tripple his layers and use 3-4 different products of theirs by doing so. I appreciate the integrity.

Also, I don't want to step on any toes of those that use the fatmat brand. But, I bought 50sqft of the stuff 2 years ago and only used half to deaden the back of my F150 and both front doors. The residual amount sat in my garage the whole time throughout hot and cold weather and I kid you not, that stuff has actually shrunk on the wax paper backing. Is this a good or bad thing? I'm not sure, but my guess is it's not good.

I know this issue might have been beaten to death before, but at the time I wasnt interested enough to pay attention. I know I read a post from a member here that was very thorough on how to sound deaden specific areas of a vehicle. I wish I would have bookmarked it at the time because it was really good info.Please explain what kind of coverage I should give certain shapes of the vehicle:

Large flat areas-

curves-

Trunk floor, curving down into the spare tire area-

Rear quarter pannels-

sheet metal behind rear seat(non folding)

rear deck-

Trunk lid-

I know this is a lot of info, and honestly, I am being lazy by asking. I do plan to doing my own research, but the more info, the better.

This is really a testament on what kind of guy is running this company. Any other salesman would fire up a buyer and have him believing he needs to double and maybe tripple his layers and use 3-4 different products of theirs by doing so. I appreciate the integrity.
Every car is different so it is hard to say exactly how much you need, this is why I said start with 25-50% coverage and go from there.

Also, I don't want to step on any toes of those that use the fatmat brand. But, I bought 50sqft of the stuff 2 years ago and only used half to deaden the back of my F150 and both front doors. The residual amount sat in my garage the whole time throughout hot and cold weather and I kid you not, that stuff has actually shrunk on the wax paper backing. Is this a good or bad thing? I'm not sure, but my guess is it's not good.
IMO FatMat is garbage and is basically Peel & Seal with a logo printed on it. It shrinking doesnt sound good either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jeepintn

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
jeepintn
Greenbrier, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date