dampener

Participant count
  • Participant list
For instance on a door, no more than 5 sq ft should be needed but some people have used 15-20+ sq ft on one door which is not needed (I used less than 20 sq ft to do all 4 of my doors.) I would start with 25-50% coverage and go from there. After applying it if you feel you need more then add more. Covering 100% and/ or doubling up will make the roll disappear fast.
Sounds good...when it comes to deadening a roof with something like MDF do you deaden first then put the MDF on? Or you don't even need to deaden if youre putting wood on there?

IMO FatMat is garbage and is basically Peel & Seal with a logo printed on it. It shrinking doesnt sound good either.
It is, a few years ago the owner was called out, somebody found another domain registered to him where he was selling roofing material, come to find out he was just putting a different name on the same product and marketing it for car audio.

Sounds good...when it comes to deadening a roof with something like MDF do you deaden first then put the MDF on? Or you don't even need to deaden if youre putting wood on there?
I do not have to much personal experience with putting MDF on roofs but I have seen it done both ways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jeepintn

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
jeepintn
Greenbrier, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date