DAB Antenna help

Participant count
  • Participant list

AudioDunce

UK
View attachment 26557237I have the Alpine UTE-93DAB installed and an Autoleads film antenna but the reception is rubbish, get hardly any DAB stations at all. In my other car I have a sony DAB head unit with the exact same Autoleads film antenna and it works perfectly!

the Autoleads film antenna has two wires, the antenna connection wire to the Hu and an additional power cable which can be connected to a 12v supply 'IF' the HU does not supply the power to the antenna socket. My sony unit does power the antenna through the HU connection so the second power wire is redundant. I have connected my alpine in the exact same way but the DAB reception is terrible!

Looking at the wiring diagram in the alpine manual it shows a blue wire which is says is to 'power antenna', i have attached the wireing diagram as a photo. Should i connect the auxilary power cable from the autoleads film antenna to the blue wire coming out of the HU marked 'to power antenna'? or is this lead for something else?View attachment 26557236

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit I don't know much about DAB. But I can tell you that the blue power antenna wire on the HU will output 12V when in radio source. If that is what you need then use that. If you need power when you aren't in radio source then you can hook it up to the amp turn on wire or acc power wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.