Custom vented box for 1 12" TS-W311S4 HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Should be fine.
Thanks for your advice, by the way... How do you know if a sub is IB? Just wondering, yes I know I'm a noob! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I hope to learn a lot on this forum and maybe I'll start a project page or something. I just wanna learn more about it and

the only way is to ask lots of questions haha.

Again, thanks!

[quote name='Aygodriver1212']Thanks for your advice, by the way... How do you know if a sub is IB? Just wondering, yes I know I'm a noob! ;)
I hope to learn a lot on this forum and maybe I'll start a project page or something. I just wanna learn more about it and
the only way is to ask lots of questions haha.

Again, thanks![/QUOTE]

it says free air right on the sub stats page lol. Free air = IB

[quote name='Aygodriver1212']I'm using a Rockford 4 channel amp: Rockford Fosgate P8004 800 watts, Punch Series 4-Channel
Could I could maybe hook up 2 of those JBL GT5 (bridge one on each 2)? @Jeffdachef[/QUOTE]

you can do two sealed 12s instead of 1 ported and bridge them. Should pretty much get close to the same output but sound smoother overall.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']it says free air right on the sub stats page lol. Free air = IB

you can do two sealed 12s instead of 1 ported and bridge them. Should pretty much get close to the same output but sound smoother overall.[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm so blind, anyway 1 final question.
What would be better according to you taking in to account that I do have 400 rms (not 2x275) and I have a limited budget.

2 x JBL GT5 12" 2x275watt RMS for €170,- (170 for 2) in the cheapest store

OR

1 x Titanium GZTW 30TX 400watt RMS for €100,- in the cheapest store

The JBL GT5 12" does look nice but it's €70 more in total, is that worth it you figure? @Jeffdachef

As an alternative to the 2 JBL GT5 12" to match the power I could ofcourse go for something 500w RMS from Ground Zero.

Something like this is around 160 euro: GZRW 300X (kind of out of my budget though

i'd say its worth doing the two 12s. No need to hassle yourself with building ported box over and over to get the sound you want and you'll still get decent output along with a very simple box build.

sorry man.. if i could give you any advice it would be to save up and buy something NICE. i say this because your going to get something cheap and 3 months later your going to wish you saved up for something NICE. wait one more pay period and get that woofer you really think is cool and want..

i'd say its worth doing the two 12s. No need to hassle yourself with building ported box over and over to get the sound you want and you'll still get decent output along with a very simple box build.
I could of course do that. But maybe I'd be able to fit a vented box in.

If I look at the manual it says about 47 liters per vented box.

I might be able to fit 2 of em in here if I really try my best at box designing.

I can fit around 100 liters MAX.

Would that be an idea?

jL1mxAt.png

I could of course do that. But maybe I'd be able to fit a vented box in.If I look at the manual it says about 47 liters per vented box.

I might be able to fit 2 of em in here if I really try my best at box designing.

I can fit around 100 liters MAX.

Would that be an idea?

jL1mxAt.png

If you think about cramming two 12s in a 1.75 cubic feet ported box, thats the worst mistake youll ever make. With two 12s you only get the choice of sealed. If you want ported, you can only run one 12 get the radioactive or hydrogen subs. It wont matter if you under power them. Their motor force is a lot stronger than the titanium.

100 liters is about three-and-a-half cubes.

im just saying buy something you can upgrade into.

like jeff said even if you underpower it. you can get a nice amp in the future and bam the sub will come alive!

[quote name='Jeffdachef']If you think about cramming two 12s in a 1.75 cubic feet ported box, thats the worst mistake youll ever make. With two 12s you only get the choice of sealed. If you want ported, you can only run one 12 get the radioactive or hydrogen subs. It wont matter if you under power them. Their motor force is a lot stronger than the titanium.[/QUOTE]
@Jeffdachef this is the volume for ONE box. I can fit 2 of these boxes in my trunk with a little bit of luck. (So I'll make a box 2x1,75 cubic feet).
Is that something to consider?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.