custom subaru wrx subwoofer box design help!

so im trying to fit 2 12 inch woofers in a wrx... the box i have now is too big, coupled with my big amp... and i just cant get the spair tire out. would love a set of custom sub boxes like these

custom wrx fiberglass subwoofer enclosure group buy | MNSubaru

but dont feel like paying the 700 dollars for a couple of boxes.. anyone wanna maybe help me out? point me towards a used one or make me one?

Tutorial- home

Im just in the process of finishing my first fiberglass enclosure, for a beginner expect to take about 30 hours to build a solid box.

read up on fiberglass forums as mentioned above..... people on there give alot of tricks to fabricating as well as how to speed up the process with shortcuts..... as someone mentioned above your going to have to learn how to or be prepared to spend a butt load of money on having one made for you. personal imo fiberglass work isnt as hard it some people make it out to be....to me the part that ***** the most is the body work portion....design/fab work is the breeze portion of things. i usually if not spraying it myself, will work it to the point i like with the body work then send it off to a paint shop and have them touch up the body work and spray it. also on the reading up portion do be afraid to ask questions.....how i learned, plus watching youtube vids from professional shops that glass things.

also a plus is you will feel good showing it off saying you built it.......

You may be better off going with a smaller single 12 ported wedge shaped enclosure pushed up against the back seat with sub / port facing rear of car......I installed a single havoc 12" in a WRX a few months back in a 2.5 cube box and a 1000 watt Soundstream Rubicon......It got pretty loud and sounded amazing while doing so....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.