Kicker cvt 10 to port or not?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeramy88

So I am building a sub enclosure for my 05 f150 supercrew cab, it is .88 cubic feet down fire single 10" cvt 2 ohm sub powered by zx400.1 at 2 ohms and I'm debating on making it a sealed with poly fil or ported with poly fil or no poly fil. I'm going for sq and SPL too, just a nice low but clean bass.

Kicker recommends .8 to 3.0 cubic feet for sealed and 1.25 to 1.75 cubic feet ported and I have .88 cubic feet should I listen to these recommendations or will ported make this sub sound great?

Also not sure of hz I would need to tune it too?

All help is greatly appreciated!!

if you are not dead set on that sub, there are a lot of 8's that would shine in a ported box that size, and can be tuned pretty low. sundown audio, digital designs, cadence, skar, just to name a few.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

tuned as low as 30-32hrtz.

sealed boxes can be ok, i used to use them. then i got my first ported box, a 12inch rf t212 @ 33hrtz...never doing sealed again. some guys on here will rag on the kicker subs, but they are ok, especially if you already have it. some of the subs i mentioned are less than $150, but anyway, if you are restricted on space you can only work with what you have. as far as poly-fill, i can't speak on that, don't know enough about it. i think it has something to do with the sub "thinking" it is in a larger enclosure, something about slowing down the sound waves and whatnot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.