Northeast Region Custom Sub boxes in New England

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
hahaha that a boy. No one starts crap anymore...its half the fun of competing. I love the days when T.J. wants to beat me over the head with a sub lol

Honestly if i didnt have beef with people i wouldnt enjoy going to shows as much. Its always nice to stick it to the man lol

grudge matches are what this sport is all about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif what fun is it if you cant have someone to take your frusterations out on lol

good luck to everyone this coming year, I just got an economic stimulus of my own so who knows what will happen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Had some time this week to work on something a little different...a single ten 1/4wave transmission line. It has a 1.3-1 taper ratio in the line and the "tuning" can be altered with the line stuffing. I tested it with the first half of the line stuffed at a medium density and it is amazing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif The sound is so clean...as tight as a sealed box but with output like a good ported box. The rolloff is much more shallow than a ported box so it plays deeper for any given "tuning". I briefly did some SPL testing and it was louder than a lot of dual 12 setups I've metered for others! It really is the ultimate daily driver box! I like it enough that I decided it should be a finished product for a change.

Under construction pic (its hard to tell that there is a taper in the line, but there really is)

l_f703e149aee94f99b6dd34d715cca260.jpg

l_435ecd6cca8541178c3ee58f906b61bf.jpg

l_ae25dd6e00014337bd72fbd509123d13.jpg

I'll try to get a real finished pic after the paint and clear coat dry, cause it looks really good in person. Its Aged Iron textured paint, clearcoated.
I want one .Do you think you could build something like that for my MTX 9515 ? If not what 10" sub would you recommend for it ?

Sure...I have plans for a fifteen inch version, I just haven't built it yet. It'll have to be altered for that one because of the mounting depth, but should be do-able. PM me what dimensions you have to work with and any other details (like finish type).

Thanks,

Dave

Since I am expanding my lineup, I'm happy to announce that I will build home audio subs by request. Like any of my custom work, I can build it to your specs or simply recommend a great sounding combo for you. I am a dealer for Dayton Audio now and have access to everything they make. I can get the speakers, amps and build a great cabinet in the finish of your choice (or bare if you just don't care) that'll rock your house like it was your car

I will build passive (sub and box only) or active (built in amp) to suit your needs. Its gonna be a long winter, don't be stuck in your house without bass!!

Contact me for pricing info.

I've been busy, but unfortunately I can't share my work on the last few projects because it's classified //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Hopefully I'll have something that I can share soon for you.

deff keep up the good work the box for the kia fit awsome will take very little to wall it in to the trunk and looks stock still there is no trunk space left lol cant even put a amp in there thanks again

I've been busy, but unfortunately I can't share my work on the last few projects because it's classified //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
Hopefully I'll have something that I can share soon for you.
Soon my friend...very soon. Its gonna be hard to top the octobox you built for me, but looking at the pics this thing is nasty. Cant wait to show it off this year. I def think it will handle ALL of the power I'm gonna put to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.